Very Large T-Rex Head

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Mr. Merryweather,

I see there is no bounds to your incredible talents. This project is totally outrageous and superbly done!!! If I may suggest, You might want to go to the local hardware store and have them mix up a gallon of original T-Rex color for you. I'm sure if they are reputable they will have it in the color chart. I also don't think it would be too expensive in acrylic paint....

Now if all else fails, there is always the local 1 pound shop that carries acrylic paints and you would have to mix your own. For a man of your strengths, that should create no problems at all. Wonderful work Neil!!!

Prost
Allen

PS, payment to the usual account please..............

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well Mr. Merryweather,

I see there is no bounds to your incredible talents. This project is totally outrageous and superbly done!!! If I may suggest, You might want to go to the local hardware store and have them mix up a gallon of original T-Rex color for you. I'm sure if they are reputable they will have it in the color chart. I also don't think it would be too expensive in acrylic paint....

Now if all else fails, there is always the local 1 pound shop that carries acrylic paints and you would have to mix your own.

Prost
Allen

PS, payment to the usual account please..............
That's brilliant!!! Why not use DIY tester pots or something equally cheap for the base coat????? Just a thought......
How many bottles do you reckon Neil , I recon at least 10.:smiling3:

I'm touched by your concern, fellas, but I'll be ok because SWMBO was an art teacher...

IMG_20210623_124618751.jpg
They were being thrown out, honestly!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very neat Neil.
John
Thanks John
I wish I had a 3D pen like yours for the repairs. I use 2.85mm filament and in this country they are quite expensive or have to imported from the US, which amounts to the same thing in the end. There are cheap ones but they use 1.75mm, which I don't want to get into or I'll have to stock both sizes.
still I got away with the soldering iron for this one.
glad you approve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I KNOW ONE THING if i see that in the dark id lay a wall as you have done this fantastic Neil ..........brilliant very well done even with out the biggggggggggggg teeeeeeeethhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
chris

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well, 'the best laid plans of mice and men gang oft awry' as the saying goes!
On Wednesday evening I was informed that Saturday wasn't happening and we were in fact seeing Clara Thursday evening!
Luckily my whole working life has involved changing deadlines and rush jobs so I just swung into work mode, dumped the idea of the acrylics and dug out all my spray cans (which at least solved the problem of what colour...) and piled into the garage!
I must have had an angel on my shoulder, as we know how much I LOVE painting, but it was done in an hour.
So there are no in-progress shots, I'm afraid, but Rex was duly delivered on time, albeit with teeth still gluing, to the birthday girl.
And I didn't know this, but she has very set ideas on T-Rex colour schemes, and incredibly I got it just right. Phew!
IMG_20210624_172413783.jpg
IMG_20210624_132633155_HDR.jpgIMG_20210624_132651439.jpgIMG_20210624_132657483.jpgIMG_20210624_132706071_HDR.jpgIMG_20210624_132718579_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210624_133321179_HDR.jpg
Thanks to all for following, it was a lot of fun, and actually turned out better than I was hoping
Cheers
Neil

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s really great. It’s only when you see it next to her that the size impression kicks in! It’s huge! Great save on the rescheduling as well. Obviously this was a great fun project, and your enthusiasm shines through every word.