VIKING SHIP STARTED BY MY DAD BUT FINISHING BY ME

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks like the Revell 1/50 scale. Nice, should look a cracker when finished.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start James,should look great when done, ;) ,

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim I bought that for dad to build, what happened.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jim, I've just had a look at the box art for this....

64 individually painted shields + 32 oars. This will look superb.

Keep us posted with the progress.

Ron

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
ken I know you brought it for dad but dad got fed up with it and plus he lost small bits that's why he gave that to me to finish of.

Si yes it is a 1:50 scale from Revell I'll add more pics tomorrow

OK Ron I'll keep you all posted :D

D

dougie

Looking good, just keep posting pictures! Will be an interesting build

D

Deleted member 3568

Are you not painting this model jim, you might find it difficult with the rigging on.

james pithouse

First Name
James
no ken since the paint colour is brown why paint it brown again. Just painted the sail waiting for that now to dry then add more rigging. mean while I'll be doing the shields.:rolleyes:View attachment 119175

P100915_17.28.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim it would look so much better painted, you could make it look like real wood, I would definitely put at least a wash over it to bring the wood grain detail out. Shame on you that's lazy modeling. Btw has dad not told you how to weather a sail. Get your old thinners get a brush load of the sludge in the bottom and scrub it into the sail now you've got the colour on it should really pop.

Last edited:

james pithouse

First Name
James
no dad did not tell me that ken. finished doing rigging at last broke the rig holders on the sides off, but melted plastic what the parts were held on over the rigging on the in side off the boat then painted them brown to match the boat.:mad: :D up date sail is weathered i hope you all like it oh ken i will be painting boat hull and deck. got you Ha! Ha! :D fumes from thinners giving me headache stopping now till tomorrow. View attachment 119190

View attachment 119194

P100915_20.20.jpg

P100915_20.31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Your thinners are not dirty enough Jim look at my Royal Sovriegn topic you need to apply the sludge let it dry then using a tissue wipe from the top of the sail to the bottom, the idea is to make it look like rain and wind have stained the sail, imagine the dirt being washed down through the sail in a stormy sea with the sail shopping wet.