waiting for my bandai boba fett 1/12

M

Mike b

I'm currently awaiting my bandai boba fett model coming straight from Japan and really looking forward to getting stuck into it.

So to pass the time I picked up metal earth star wars models has anyone else done these before or am I being blasphemous mentioning them here.

also has anyone built the boba fett model if so what's the best way to paint with brush or airbrush obviously some detail I will need to paint on

thanks guys

P

Polux

I will be watching Mike ;)

I supose will be much better paint it using an airbrush......1/12 isn't a small scale, so you need a fine finished.

M

Mike b

well have to wait for it to come from Japan but I may well post up some pics of my metal earth model not sure if everyone will appreciate it though

M

Mike b

well I know it's not the sort of models people do on here but here is the first model I am about to build in about 16 years

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

I agree, it looks mega complicated, oh and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net

M

Mike b

They aren't too bad once you get into it just have to make sure you bend them properly

20160203_222839_zpstj0w8qzw.jpg

Just started will keep posting

D

Deleted member 3568

It looks to me like rebranded Photo etch which I hate with a vengeance (mainly as I can't do it)

M

Mike b

I think you may be right kp it's something along those lines

M

Mike b

Right after stopping and starting all night as I had some other bits to do this is where I am at now.

20160204_005250_zpsuwus2xnf.jpg

Doesn't look like I have done much but there was quite a few little panels on both sides that sit flush to the body and when I say little they were tiny

P

Polux

Wow!! It looks interesting... and complicated as well!!!

I never seen one of these before :eek:

By the way, looking very good so far!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is different Mike, it looks very fiddly but looks stunning all nice and shiny.

I think I will join in and watch if you don't mind.

M

Mike b

Thanks for all the comments guys some of the bits can be quite fiddly should have it finished when I get in after work would have finished last night but just had to keep stopping to do other bits and no feel free to keep watching and keep the comments coming guys thankyou

M

Mike b

Amazon also do them so are quite expensive try a site called getdigital they are all about £9 I think

D

dougie

That's awesome looking. I haven't bought any yet as they are 12 quid in Waterstons. It

M

Mike b

\ said:
That's awesome looking. I haven't bought any yet as they are 12 quid in Waterstons. It
Thanks dougie

I'm hoping it looks a lot better when it's finished

Take a look at that website I put further up like I say I think just short of £9 each