Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks Ralph. I got the decals on and attached the figure to the base. I've tested the head and it looks good just needs cleaning up and painting now.
This has been a steep learning curve for me as my table top army many years ago were painted basic for gaming but so much care is taken these days even for basic troops. This character would have been painted in much more detail anyway to make it stand out. This is also a chapter I've never painted before but I liked the look of the Ultramarines so am going with it for the next few figures. Anyway here's the update, just some fine paint details to add.
Image-1.jpg

Image-13.jpg

Image-11.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Mick. The edge highlights bring out the texture nicely.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks again gents, the edge highlighting is a new thing to me on these type of models but fortunately plenty of go to videos out there to help. I got the head cleaned up and on a stick today, dreading this bit but its got to be done.

IMG_0071.JPG

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
This one is now ready to in the box with my other figures. As I really love painting faces the others I have like this to paint up are all wearing helmets :smiling: you will probably notice that the right eye appears white, he has a scar running across it so I left it that milky colour as though it was damaged.
Thanks for looking in.
IMG_0377.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mick

I did the original fantasy Warhammer in my youf and indeed the figures are still up in my mum's loft 30+ years later. But the 40k stuff started after I stopped gaming, so I never got into these.

He's come out very nicely indeed, so we'll done.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes.....I agree with Andy and Ralph, great result on this piece. Rick H.:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nicely done Mick, I had the opportunity to try these guys as they were sponsored for our club demos...really detailed and crisp.

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very nice Mick.
My son was into these back in the day and this has reminded me that I have an almost finished Librarian(I think) conversion that I did for him ,just as he lost interest :rolling: .
Maybe it's time to dig him up and finish him, if I can find him.

-The Librarian,that is ,not my son :tears-of-joy: