Water slide decals

R

Rik101

Hi all, had a problem occur with a paint job just after applying a couple of water slide decals. Does anyone know of a method for removing decals in such a way that they can be re-applied at a later date?

T

T. van Vuuren

You could try hot water or maybe a setting solution with a stiff brissled bruch and try working it in under the decals but I have found once they have settled and dried it to be very difficult to rescue them.
Good luck

Theuns

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi,Rik,I just did this type of,thing,:confused:,what I did,is sock,them in worm water,used a cotton,bud socked,and placed on top,
maybe like 30mins or more,just test with a blade ,under a coroner ,them float more water in,and slowly peel back adding more water as needed,:rolleyes:
hope its of some help,:confused: wish you luck,:D
Theuns,idea and info is good to know ,as well,;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I reckon that if the decals have set and dried your chances of getting them off in a reusable way are somewhere between extremely close to zero and zero.

You should be able to remove them in bits, but even this can be tricky and you might find yourself having to do some repainting.

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

I agree with Steve, I reckon you'd have lots of trouble & frustration trying to remove them. Plus even if you did, how could they be stored for future use?

Better to start from scratch & re-paint the affected areas. It's more work, but the route that offers the best chance of success.

R

Rik101

There were some other decals on there that I didn't want to keep and they accidentally came off completely with masking tape. I have so far removed the decals I want to keep via the same method. I'm thinking that soaking the tape will float them back off. If this is successful I will glue them back on if I have to.