what make

D

demon

Hi people I'm thinking of expanding my paint range I use tamiya acrylic only mainly through an airbrush but I find the colour range a bit limiting without mixing main subject choice is 48 scale ww2 aircraft if cost was not an issue what manufacturer would you guys go for if Vallejo would you bother with their 72 colour starter set then add to it

Roger

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I have the entire model air range which I recommend and I've replaced a number of them as they ran out. A high majority haven't even had the caps taken off so on that basis I wouldn't recommend buying the whole range of anything.

You could buy all the usual suspects RLM colours etc. You can buy separate sets also Luftwaffe and RAF to name a couple. I'm sure John as these in his shop.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I would go for Vallejo but not for their starter set, you will end up with quite a few you won't use.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
As John said I sell the various sets, you just have to check what's in them as some of them might duplicate things like thinners and varnish in them, so you might get 3 sets of 8 and have 3 thinners and 3 varnish so only get 18 paints and not 24

D

demon

Thanks John just checked that in your shop I'll order when I get the money just after chrimbo :smiling3: