What's on the Bench 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well Si I was just getting ready to ask what scale your panther was then found the above.....and it's almost the perfect scale too! :smiling3: Are you going to do it up in tri color camo or go for something a little more exotic like the "Dot" style like Daimler used or maybe the "Disc" style of M.A.N? Either one would be a fun departure from the "norm".:thumb2:

Hi Rick,
You sound like our Mr Jones with his exotic/unique paint scheme suggestions :smiling5:…..not sure i could pull off anything too technical at this scale!
I honestly have no idea where I’m going with the colouring in for this yet….I’ll brush the dust off my thinking cap, not used it in a while :smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
After the decal work on the fuel truck, trailer and jeep I've been having a look at how this is all going to look on the dio. Still have all the figs. to paint up and then stage the scene. I am not taken with the runway surface and will be trying a different topping.P1012544.JPGP1012545.JPGP1012546.JPG

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I will spare you the image but there are bits of traction engine all over the place. The good news is I've started to paint.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Paul, yes you are correct it is a late G.
The kit is by Vespid and they do have the AA armour version available but this kit version doesn’t…..it does have PE schurzen though
View attachment 472885
Heard generally good things about Vespid, at least the earlier kits i.e. Comet. How have you found it Si.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Heard generally good things about Vespid, at least the earlier kits i.e. Comet. How have you found it Si.

First vespid kit I’ve built…..I think :thinking:….and I found it a nice kit to build.

Metal barrel, just the right amount of PE, good link and length tracks, reasonable instructions and good details for a kit this scale.

Ive got a bit further with it now….

4C446B57-CAB4-4186-80ED-5FA18B0E16FA.jpeg588889BA-B979-47CC-B7D7-9E28C925D664.jpeg

Schurzen still to add once I get the weathering done

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
First vespid kit I’ve built…..I think :thinking:….and I found it a nice kit to build.

Metal barrel, just the right amount of PE, good link and length tracks, reasonable instructions and good details for a kit this scale.

View attachment 474344View attachment 474345

Pretty much what I've heard, although I think the Comet has a couple of minor quirks....

That's coming on very nicely indeed!

Hope all is well with you?

ATB.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

View attachment 474344View attachment 474345

Looking lovely Si :smiling3:
I particularly like the wheels and tracks, EXCELLENT job on those especially ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Expected this to be good Si, and it is .
Love the subtle camo paintwork, very effective.
Bet those tracks and wheels came off in one ? :smiling3:

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
2023 is the year of the seven for me. I plan to complete all the 1/35 Sd.Kfz.7 8t halftracks I have already started to build and also hope to kitbash one that was never released. One down, one in progress and three to go

WIP shots of the Dragon 6562 kit

20230205_215638.jpg20230205_215606.jpg

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I have been busy working on a number of paintings this winter. This is what is currently on my bench easel. He is a member of the Sealed Knot re-enactors from a photo taken by my nephew.

sealed knot 1.jpg

BTW for those of you who have difficulty painting faces, this is the range of colours that I use as underpainting for portraits. It will all be painted over when I get to the top layer. This is done in oils on canvas.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.