What's on the Bench 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I don't think this warrants it's own blog so I hope you don't mind me bunging it here.

An old friend / colleague of mine is into his 1/50 trucks. I've posted some work on here before that I've helped him out with, and here's another.

He's making a circus diorama and is converting one truck to carry the generator. He bought a 3d printed part and tried painting it himself but it didn't turn out very well.

PXL_20230905_182430118.jpg

After stripping it in meths i gave it a good sanding to reduce the layer lines. I also replaced the exhaust tailpipe as it hadn't printed well.

A few rounds of primer and a bit of paint later produced this.

PXL_20230909_171100289.jpg
PXL_20230909_171041842.jpg

De.Mort

SMF Supporter
First Name
Iain
@ Andy T ... Excellent .. the top looks like glass and the hand painting in ally .. sigh .. the bar just keeps getting higher and higher the more i read here lol

Last edited:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Very nice Andy. And I'll echo Iain, the mirror finish of the top reflecting the exhaust - just superb.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Apart from a Tamiya RC rally car, the bench isn’t seeing much activity on the model front but I’ve had these 72nd’s kicking about for a while now.

I’ve been getting a little weathering done on them this weekend….
View attachment 490352View attachment 490353View attachment 490354
Looking good Si,
I've yet to attempt a "Modern" MBT,but if,and when,I do,the Leopard is probably the one I'd go for.... not in braille scale mind!
Excellent work on all three there mate :thumb2: .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking good Si,
I've yet to attempt a "Modern" MBT,but if,and when,I do,the Leopard is probably the one I'd go for.... not in braille scale mind!
Excellent work on all three there mate :thumb2: .
Cheers Andy:thumb2:

Yeah I like the Leo as well, she’s a beauty :nerd:
I brought these small scale modern MBT’s as practice for a few 35th scale that have appeared in the stash recently.
If you ever fancied venturing into it, I’d recommend the Meng 1/72 Leo 2A7….you’d nail it mate :cool:

Being doing ww2 stuff forever so nice to have a change once in a while, learn how to finish the modern stuff.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Andy:thumb2:

Yeah I like the Leo as well, she’s a beauty :nerd:
I brought these small scale modern MBT’s as practice for a few 35th scale that have appeared in the stash recently.
If you ever fancied venturing into it, I’d recommend the Meng 1/72 Leo 2A7….you’d nail it mate :cool:

Being doing ww2 stuff forever so nice to have a change once in a while, learn how to finish the modern stuff.
Cheers Si,
I'll bear that in mind :thumb2:.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I am happy to say that I met my deadline, although I fell short of my own expectations as far as the likenesses are concerned. I knew that smiles are hard to do convincingly so I avoided them , but I wish I had tried now...
But I had 'managed the couple's expectations', so they were relieved it wasn't totally awful :tears-of-joy:

IMG_20230914_174604336.jpg
IMG-20230916-WA0030.jpg
But we all had a wonderful day

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Mr. Merryweather!!! They came out really nice and I bet they looked great on the cake too. I only hope no one thought they were edible and tried to take a bite out of one. Best wishes and congrats to the happy couple Sir!!! You sober yet Neil???...

Prost
Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.