What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I learned long ago to always shut the door to my hobby room when I’m not there, to prevent cats coming in, snooping around and knocking stuff over — or even taking a nap on top of a diorama (as one was known to do long ago).
Our Kitty is very good about being around my Models he never bothers them or my Seeding Plants I raise inside or Eggs I’m Hatching and Chicks we’ve had him for 8 years and not one problem he was a rescue cat that was dropped off here as a little Kitten very cold and hungry one cold December. He’s never been outside since unless I take him out.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I learned long ago to always shut the door to my hobby room when I’m not there, to prevent cats coming in, snooping around and knocking stuff over — or even taking a nap on top of a diorama (as one was known to do long ago).
Doesn’t really worry me to be honest Jakko. I could shut the door, but I don’t. I like them in the room with me when I’m working, so why make a fuss when I’m not!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Our Kitty is very good about being around my Models he never bothers them or my Seeding Plants I raise inside or Eggs I’m Hatching and Chicks we’ve had him for 8 years and not one problem he was a rescue cat that was dropped off here as a little Kitten very cold and hungry one cold December. He’s never been outside since unless I take him out.
My current “drinker” is also a rescue. She is incredibly affectionate and leaves all the best places to the old girl we also have. In a lot of ways she is the perfect pet!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Doesn’t really worry me to be honest Jakko. I could shut the door, but I don’t. I like them in the room with me when I’m working, so why make a fuss when I’m not!
I’ve got no problems at all with them coming in and exploring when I’m there, but a few damaged models in the past means I’d rather they don’t when I’m not :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
fancy a bit of whiffery so trying this

dodgy kit with dodgy decals thats already in the bin!, need to see whats in the spares

dscf1715.jpg

.45 calibre conical bullet fits great for nose weight......left over from shooting days long ago

dscf1716.jpg

going to need plenty of filler for this one

dscf1810.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Interesting looking bird Paul......sort of reminds me of one of Pete Low's "Toons" or an abbreviated Mig. ;)
Too bad about the dodgy decals I thought the "box art" looked pretty good except for the missing Swastika. I like the looks of this so if you don't mind I'll pull up a chair and follow along.
Rick H.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Too bad about the dodgy decals I thought the "box art" looked pretty good except for the missing Swastika.

they have to put a black sticker over the swastika on the boxart to avoid offending those in countries where its banned
the decal sheet comes with swastikas.........but in two halfs!.......................but they are gash anyway, will have to see if i have any in the spares box

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Looking really good Dan. Is that 1/72?

Thank you for your confidence in my skills Tim. No, it's just clonky old 1/35 ! It's just a box stock build to get this 43 yr old itch scratched, though I have made some brackets for the outrigger anchors. You cant see them thanks to the rug though.

/pointless post Monday :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t do yourself down mate. That is a nice clean build of a difficult subject. Personally I think artillery is the hardest subject to do well. It’s all angles bumps and sticking out bits!

Status
Not open for further replies.