When I win the Lottery...

D

duncan

...I`m going buy a Supermarine S6b kit and a four-stroke engine. On my desert island , populated with nubile grass-skirted maidens, and a brewery to go with the balsa plantation/machine-shop/molding facility. I will have a hard runway, docking jetties in a shelterd bay with few trees around it. Visitors will be allowed only if they come by autogyro or Ekroplan, that`ll keep the rabble out ! Visitors can only be accepted if they bring Spitfires,Mustangs, Lancasters or other Merlin powered models.Unlimited American Hydryoplanes acceptable....No that was not a mishtake hic ! I did mean Merlin V 12 engines. (The only exception would be a gas-turbine powered Harrier.) The dream starts here at www.dynamotive.netfirms.com/merlin and www.conachenaircraft.com See Conachen`s Pan Am Clippers too. ......nine bean rows will I have there and a hive for the honey bee :vacat: So as the sun sets over the People`s Indepedent Republic of Merlinania.. a golden ball in the west, its back to reality.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm looking forward to coming to visit you, all expenses paid of cause :bounce8: :sunglasse

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
What a wonderful dream Duncan,the picture that you have painted had me in stitches here !!

D

duncan

Natch John, I`ll have broadband beamed-in. Might let Bill Gates in for a day and you can sort him out. Barry..place your order for a pair of Merlins now, you can do that DH Rapide on floats on Conachen`s picture page...we can halve them and make them Gypsies or whatever you need. Dont forget there is a machine shop. I fact we`ll kidnap the Merlin guy and he can start on fresh piece of paper. I`ll need a pair of Menascos for my American "Crusader" so he might have stay a wee while longer, I`ll try money. Then there is the Mercury-Mayo...wonder if he can do sleeve valve radials . Add a castor-oil plantation and press to the list.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Some of the models on this site are outstanding,he really must never sleep ! the flying boats are beautiful,my favourite is that Grumman Goose.

Thanks for pointing out this site Duncan,it is a dreamland situation,workshop,machinery and his own airstrip as well,he obviously enjoys his work.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Wish they could post the sound of that Merlin running.
*** We had someone who built a working Merlin model give a talk at the Rolls Royce Heritage trust open evening,he ran it apparently.

Have you seen that group who take Merlins around airshows and run them up on trolleys ! the ear splitting noise as they open the throttles remotely,the trolleys are firmly anchored,they aim to collect every mark of Merlin made.

D

duncan

Yes the real Merlin guys at the shows are great. I`ve found some pictures and sound file of miniature scale engines running on www.carlbest.com which include Norton double-knocker, a twin Harley I think, a couple of V8s car types. Pictures of a nearly completed Deltic engine should interest the railway section(look in the "what is it" section). Interesting point addressed about probably the most unsung heroes of aviation without whom the Wright Bros would never have had the success they did. The man who made their engine !

N

noobee captain

I shall start with a bigger house with large workshop and storage area for my models (and a pond of course)!

Noobee Captain