Whippet Mk. A, Emhar 1/35

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
the tracks left a bit to be desired......supposed to slot between the drive wheels and the outer sponson but the wheels a tad too big and the gap a tad too small, but the plan is to muddy this up so i hope it will get hidden

next plan is to put a wash on the tracks so they are not so shiney, oil filter on the tank, then a matt varnish to seal

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Paul starting to like this little odd looking thing, :rolleyes:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Don't really build armour, but that looks great.

John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
its had a few days for the oils to dry off and im not too impressed, bit too brown for my liking and it hasnt streaked in the way i wanted, all my own fault due to poor technique. plan is to give a wash down with thinners and have another go tomorrow

P

Polux

I think work over a green surface is always very difficult. Looking good to me!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
second go and im more happy this time

used burnt umber and siennas again but instead of ochre i used a dark blue

going to leave it well alone for a while to dry off before moving on to the next step

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
and finished.............

wanted to make it a bit muddy to reflect the conditions on the Western Front but didnt want to make it over the top muddy, which i dont think i would have been able to replicate anyway, beyond my skills. tried in the past and failed so didnt want to mess this up trying again

i used MiG pigments to create a mud slurry, then one of those Tamiya mud sticks to add just a bit of lumpy stuff

more pics in the finished thread

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that looks really good Paul I love the faded weather paten you've give it :smiling3:

I think Monday I'm going to the LHS and get me the male and female tanks I saw today and have a bsh for the WWI ssig :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Do you recommend this kit Paul? I really like ww1 theme.

I'm a little reluctant with emhar because I brought what I thought was a ww1 figure kit but turned out to be badly moulded toy army men.

By the looks of your whippet it builds well, nice job with that mud.