willys jeep scratchbuild large scale part one

B

baz

Thank you for your comments Tom,

not great skills, I have just been doing it for a long time and even now things do not work out right all the time, the one thing I do have is that urge to build a better model when asked which is me BEST model I always say I have not made it yet.

are you a scratchbuilder and if so what is hidden in your locker ?

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just got caught up on your build Baz, and saying that it's impressive is not enough.

Tony.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Baz

The only scratch buiding I have attempted is oy small stuff on some of my dio builds, nothing on your level I'm afraid, really have enjoyed following your builds and look forward to seeing more.

Tom

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
'Holy moly', still catching up after my break and this awesome work. Cracking job Baz matey.

Have fun, John

B

Bernard Elgar

Hello Baz,

In march when work was quiet (I'm a self employed gardener) I decided to have a go at my first scratch build. I chose a 6th scale Jeep and trailer for my old Action Man figures as there is quiet a bit of reference material around. I also decided to make it Radio Controlled using an Electrix Boost for it's relative size and low(ish) cost.

I got slightly bit side tracked making the figures/sculpting heads and making most of the cargo but I suppose that's when a small project to keep the brain cells ticking over becomes a Hobby? :smiling3:

You have inspired me to keep on making improvements!

Superb work,

Bern

Here's my current state of build. I do appreciate I'm not in your class but thank you for sharing your images they will help me no end.

View attachment 73163

003.JPG

B

Bernard Elgar

Rememal,

Nearly. It's Wilson as opposed to Frazer.

But it was a close run thing when I was sculpting the heads.

However you have just given me an idea for a fourth figure as they were both around the same height and build. :smiling3:

In the photo the mannequin I adapted for Wilson is on the left, Jones in the middle and Mainwaring is right.

Cheers,View attachment 73510

Bern

TallMediumShort 001.JPG

M

mobear

i totally love this build and the reference to dads army is awesome,though with their ineptness i dont think they couldve started the jeep lol

mobear

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb! Love Dad's Army, you have captured all three likenesses well. Mainwaring would have needed a bit of padding out :smiling3:

B

Bernard Elgar

Thank you both for the encouragement.

I think in fairness to Baz I ought to start a separate topic something along the lines of '6th scale Jeep and crew'.

As although I very much appreciate the positive responses my Jeep isn't in the same league as Brains.

Bern