Wortham layout

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Here’s a few pics of my 1/87 HO Layout that I still run today. The Green Autocar U truck was custom built by me as well as the Ford c600 Union Ice truck and building and lots of Piggyback trailers. The white two story house is a funeral home and the black car beside it is a custom built 50s Plymouth Hearse. The coal conveyor and the coal tower and city buildings were all built by me. I did all the landscaping, road building and ballasting the track also. I have my layout built where I can switch to just about any era from the 1940s up to modern day these pics are around the early 60s

9585B62B-A1ED-4BA3-8EAF-4FD3548B5124.jpegA87318AB-85ED-4432-8EF4-81FC1B3FDB07.jpeg54E5176E-6CAD-4CF9-970F-41300B57A27E.jpeg20991985-1879-4E9C-8334-46CE27F6F1A7.jpegAA0D1CB1-88A8-467C-97F2-1CBDC0C8BCDE.jpeg6883540F-B7E4-46B7-9A79-4B899D227530.jpeg870576D0-37E5-4AF0-930B-47B592C646C6.jpegE43CBA8B-F7D8-4274-9FAE-9551BF28C618.jpeg5F8C502D-5064-4C34-A620-0C9ED70938AD.jpeg26309E27-873E-46E8-AE53-4B60F2753637.jpeg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
GREAT pics Lee all the vechicals look so realistic are there any more pics of the R/R an I gather this is still W I P an to me there is one thing missin people but I suppoce they are still to come ? an I asked PaulE this don't you have white lines on the roads ? or are they still to come ?
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow Lee that layouts some size. Taken a few years of hard work there buddy:thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Chris. Thanks for the complement and stopping by Yes I’m still building it the people will be last. That it Main Street where I grew up there were no lines on the pavement

John. Thanks for the complement and stopping by. It’s only a 4x8 now I’ve had this layout for 6 years now

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris. Thanks for the complement and stopping by Yes I’m still building it the people will be last. That it Main Street where I grew up there were no lines on the pavement

John. Thanks for the complement and stopping by. It’s only a 4x8 now I’ve had this layout for 6 years now
HI AGAIN Lee well we call the pavement what you call the sidewalk don't you but im on about the rd centre white line so that a no an the layout is based apon your home town yea ? as If so I really like that idea great stuff any more when you can what with PaulE an you doin R/R it will keep me happy for hrs to study an enjoy
chris

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mark. I named my layout after the very small town I live in. We have 5 acres here. I was raised about 5 miles from here in Flat River Missouri. My wife has lived in Wortham all her life when I married her I move out here. The town has maybe 300 people in it. Sadly the town part is gone like the little store/ post office and the school which is a field I used to bale hay off of across the road from my house. A man that lived up the hill from me his dad starred the town in the 1920s with a store and post office with his last name Wortham. Sadly in 1991 the board in Flat River decide to consolidate all the little townships around Flat River in to one big town called Park Hills Missouri till this day I will always call this town and towns around me by there original names. My layout will never look like the town Wortham Mo. I called it in the Memory of the town and my sweet neighbor that lived up the hill from me that we had so many good talks about the little town we live in

Jim. Thanks for the complement and stopping by yes these Layouts are a lot of work and test your skillls in many areas but it is worth it to me

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Thanks for stopping by and the complement I’ve been working and running it for 6 years both of my daughters helped with laying down the grass work when they was younger.

Paul. Thanks for the complement yes I’m sure you remember some of the buildings and vehicles

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark. I named my layout after the very small town I live in. We have 5 acres here. I was raised about 5 miles from here in Flat River Missouri. My wife has lived in Wortham all her life when I married her I move out here. The town has maybe 300 people in it. Sadly the town part is gone like the little store/ post office and the school which is a field I used to bale hay off of across the road from my house. A man that lived up the hill from me his dad starred the town in the 1920s with a store and post office with his last name Wortham. Sadly in 1991 the board in Flat River decide to consolidate all the little townships around Flat River in to one big town called Park Hills Missouri till this day I will always call this town and towns around me by there original names. My layout will never look like the town Wortham Mo. I called it in the Memory of the town and my sweet neighbor that lived up the hill from me that we had so many good talks about the little town we live in

Jim. Thanks for the complement and stopping by yes these Layouts are a lot of work and test your skillls in many areas but it is worth it to me
Yeah, i was brought up in the US from a baby, first was Poughkeepsie NY then Tucson Arizona and finally Raleigh North Carolina, then when I was 12 years old we moved to the UK my mother came from Ireland and she met my father at Cambridge, so she wanted to come back. Do miss it but still get to visit relatives there so not so bad. Good to see your railway models, I'm just starting my Jupiter locomotive, on other threads, love the old wild west stuff, would be interested if you have any color photos of wild west locos, 4-4-0, especially as it's difficult to find anything on the Jupiter, only color photos are of the replicas in Utah, everything else is black and white, anyhow nice talking, keep well buddy. :smiling:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice Alco Lee. I really liked the shot you took straight up Main st. I sort of expected to see more tractor/trailer rigs, given your 1/87 vehicles history. Thanks for sharing, Rick H.