Your opinions on this Airbrush

K

Krieg-Hammer

What do you guys reckon? Is this double action?

Cheers

Airbrush Compressor Kit I - Airbrush Compressors | Airbrushes | Compressors

M

msm2

It is a double action AB. I have the same kit but the compressor has a tank.

Tony..

F

Fenlander

I think you will find that a huge amount of modellers have this or similar for their first if not only airbrush and compressor. In fact, I know that there are members of this forum using this very same setup. It will certainly get you started and may be you will find it to be the only one you need.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
According to the blurb both airbrushes are double/dual action.

I think some members may have used this kit and will hopefully give you some feed back.It certainly seems to tick the right boxes.

Steve

Edit. Graham beat me to it this time lol.

K

Krieg-Hammer

Been looking at different kinds. My local model shop were trying to steer me towards a gas canister air brush, but I guess so that they get return service every time I need more. As stated in another thread by someone, they said gas canisters can be annoying as you may run out mid spray! So def want to avoid that!

Another stupid question here, double action? Does it mean two spray modes? Fine and sporadic? If not please enlighten me.

Cheers

S

sprayman

Double Action or dual action is so called because the airbrush is controlled by pressing the trigger down for air and back for colour,which gives air and paint control.

S

snapper41

I've got that compressor - an ebay bargain! Steer well clear of cans - they run out, and lose compression as they empty. A compressor will pay for itself within about 3 models, I reckon.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As Ray says a dual action brush allows you to control the amount of paint that you introduce into the paint/air mix by pulling the trigger back to varying degrees. Pushing down on the trigger turns the flow of air on and off and shouldn't be used to control the air pressure. That is usually done at the compressor output though some airbrushes do incorporate an adjustable valve on the brush.

Cheers

Steve

K

Krieg-Hammer

Ok, looks like I'll be getting this one in a couple of weeks or so. Didn't want to dive in and buy any old thing. Seems like airbrushes take a knack of getting used to.

R

roconnell

I can certainly vouch for this compressor as I too have this as my first set-up

All I would say is if you are working in a garage or shed like me you may need to invest in an extra in-line moisture trap, but I suggest you try it and see first and if you do find you get unwanted moisture droplets in the paint when spraying then this is the solution.

If you do have to go this route keep in mind that it then becomes impossible to attach the paint jars as a very tight fit. To get round this, at the advice of Everything Airbrush I added a quick release coupling, see pictures.

View attachment 22304View attachment 22305

The only other comment would be with the bottom feed airbrush. I found on two occasions ( the first time in warranty period) the thread on the air valve body (part air line attaches to) fractured :mad:, so be very careful when tightening. IMO I think this is a weakness in the design as the second time this happened I was being careful. I still however use this airbrush as I managed to get replacement parts cheaply from Everything Airbrush which worked out cheaper than buying a new one.

If you want any further info feel free to ask.

Rich

View attachment 29161

View attachment 29162

IMG20101128_003.jpg

IMG20101128_004.jpg

djellis10

djellis10
I got this same exact kit about a year and a half ago and i will say that i have no fault with it especially for my first airbrushing steps. I did tho not reading up on how to keep the airbrush clean and using the right solutions, eventually clog up one of the airbrush to the point of dis-repair. DOH. I started to use the other airbrush but found it not quite as good as the other. I then at the war and peace show 2009 brought an iwata, and have to say after a lot of reading on good airbrush cleaning practises has become a good friend. I have no problems with the compressor at all as this is what i am using with my iwata. So for first steps into airbrushing on a budget it worked for me, but do make sure you learn good cleaning routines(i did from you tube vids) to prolong the investment!!!

K

Krieg-Hammer

Thanks for all the tips. Bought this last week before the VAT rise increase came in. It does weigh a fair bit! I guess that demonstrates its well built. Building a 1:72 scale Panther tank as my first airbrush project just to get used to it.

R

Radleigh.

Looks like a good kit that, I'm after a new one too. Thanks for posting up.