Zvezda 1/72 SA-22 Greyhound

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Paul. I'm sure some of the guys on here could improve it even further but it's more than detailed enough for me.

Tiny parts means tricky painting though lol. I've looked at as many pictures as I could find and certain elements come in a variety of colours, so I've fudged things a bit. I also spent ages trying to get the grey right for the camo, ending up mixing 3 colours to get the cold grey I was looking for.

With my workhorse #4 brush just about ready for the scrapyard there's plenty of tidy-up needed around the edges but the main blocking in is done. I'm hoping to get the black done over the weekend.

View attachment 494551

View attachment 494552View attachment 494553
Just caught up with this Andy, stunning work for sure mate....
.....I showed Rach the top two pictures and she was well impressed..... then I scrolled down to the 3rd pic and she just said "NOOOO" !! :tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you chaps, glad you like it.

I thought a scale shot might help Andy. I've definitely needed both pairs of specs for this one!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm sure most of you know what it's like, her indoors got an idea into her head this morning and there was no dissuading her, so I just had to roll with it. Cue her dragging Thomas & I around Ikea, then a couple of hours spent putting stuff together.

Wouldn't have been so bad but all my tools are at work so I had to make do with the fiddly allen keys supplied in the boxes :rolling:

At least we now have a room divider / storage area lol.

Anyway, despite all that I managed to get the black part of the camo done. A couple of touch ups and a bit of detail painting then it's ready for clearcoat.

1000005149.jpg

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Almost finished with this one now. I can't seem to get the headlamp lenses to fit so may try something else for those.

The screen has fogged a little inside but I can live with that.

Just in case I forget (again) to do a completed post, here are a few snaps before I knock too many of the fragile bits off:

1000005178.jpg

1000005176.jpg

1000005177.jpg

1000005179.jpg

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Absolutely stunning Andy, you’ve made a really top job of this from start to finish :smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee have met, just in case you forget to do another photo post, and have all agreed that this is worth
download THE DOGS.jpg

Congratulations Andy a brilliant build and as Jakko rightly says "If you didn’t know it was 1:72, you’d think it’s bigger."