1/12 Tyres for Ferrari 312B

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You may not be able to find the perfect tyre for that car, but what about looking at the RC car shops, They might have something that fits and looks the part?

I know how hard it is to get hold of these cars these days, so I can understand the disappointment. You could also try to contact Tamiya. Its a long shot but you never know if you don't ask.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You may not be able to find the perfect tyre for that car, but what about looking at the RC car shops, They might have something that fits and looks the part?

I know how hard it is to get hold of these cars these days, so I can understand the disappointment. You could also try to contact Tamiya. Its a long shot but you never know if you don't ask.

Ian M

S

sideshowbob

Today i received the model kit that i have been wanting to build for about 20 odd years. A Tamiya Ferrari 312B from around 1971. I opened up the box to examine it only to find that the bag containing the Tyres was missing! I bought the kit via ebay so im guessing i could go through the hassle and the disappointment of returning it. But im hoping there may be another solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Try contacting the seller. Very small chance that he forgot to put them back in the box after photographing the kit. (if he did that). I would contact him and let him know strait away!

Ian M

S

sideshowbob

Just had a reply. He is out of the country but will search for it when he returns later this week.

Has anyone ever cast anything out of rubber before?

S

sideshowbob

Is it only me or is the order of this thread kind of messed up?

P

premacy10

HI,

just a little warning, I have bought a couple of 30+ years kits off ebay and have found that the plastic had gone brittle and did not stick particulary well, also the fitting and pressing was poor and they are both well known makes. Thank god for modern tamiya etc kits.

Regards

Tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not just you, this thread has gotten a mind of its own!!!

Ian M.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not just you, this thread has gotten a mind of its own!!!

Ian M.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
this might not help but i saw an artical in on britmodler for the same modle and the tyres had started to desintergrate could this be the reason they were not with the kit?

S

sideshowbob

I sent him an email immediately, im waiting for him to get back to me. Im just looking at other options.