!1/144th Pan Am decals for ground equipment etc.

• Thread starter Pan_Am_Clipper_Girl
  • Start date
P

Pan_Am_Clipper_Girl

Hi everyone. Does anyone know where I can get small Pan Am decals for cargo containers, boarding stairs trucks etc?

Any help would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

P

proplinergeek

You must have lots of Pan Am logos why not scan them and reduce then print out on ink jet decal paper I've done it for some of my ground stuff but have found that a good sealing coat is required to make sure the ink dosen't run. Its an idea that works for me but then I have a captive 'puter expert to cope with the tricky bits when I give up!!!!!

P

Pan_Am_Clipper_Girl

Thanks Geeky ;) . Lucky I have my compy friend here who said will help me do just that. I'll let you know how I get on...when in the position to do them, I have to buy the airport accessories yet *tsk*

P

proplinergeek

Try looking for trucks etc in N gauge which is 1:160 or there abouts doubt you'll find stairs trains don't get that tall.....

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Miss Perry,

you can get the logos from google images....no scanning required by searching for "pan american airlines logo" which takes you here: pan american airlines logo - Google Image Search

Or by searching for "Pan Am Logo" which takes you here:

Pan Am Logo - Google Image Search

I make alot of my own decals, if you can find the decal paper in your area for inkjet printers (if you have an inkjet) or laser printer decal paper for laser printers.

Once printed, you spray a sealant over them, testors makes both decal papers and sealant. However, "dullcote" spray or gloss coat spray will work in a pinch, just apply several light coats and allow to dry between coats before immersing in water.

Hope this helps, have a good day,

Greg

LOGO1.gif

1928-1944

pan2SM.gif

pan4SM.gif

LOGO5.gif

LOGO6.gif

(above, 1944-1957)

and 1957 on \/

pan_am_logo_gif.gif