1/16 Willys Jeep Spark Plug Leads

malvern_man

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi all,

I have a Takom 1/16 Willys Jeep on order ( from John of course )

The model has quite a detailed engine so I'd like to add spark plug leads to it, any suggestions on what to use would be gratefully received. I've seen a few YouTube videos of them being added but they didn't mention what was used.

I also want to wrap a tow rope around the front bumper, what diameter rope/string would be best to use.

Regards, Chris.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi all,

I have a Takom 1/16 Willys Jeep on order ( from John of course )

The model has quite a detailed engine so I'd like to add spark plug leads to it, any suggestions on what to use would be gratefully received. I've seen a few YouTube videos of them being added but they didn't mention what was used.

I also want to wrap a tow rope around the front bumper, what diameter rope/string would be best to use.

Regards, Chris.
I had this dilemma with a VW Beetle didn’t in the end but I looked at fine wire that came from inside old Wi-Fi routers and Ethernet cable and other electrical leads.
Good luck, the scale may be in your favour.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Fine fishing line maybe? That works well for cables that naturally run in curves or loops, because you don’t run the risk of accidentally pushing it flat like with copper wire.

Reactions: JR

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Darning thread for the tow rope or a few strands of florist wire.
1 inch rope = 1/16th in scale = 1.5mm approx

718GijHfluL._SL1000_.jpg

• Love

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
These folks may have what you're looking for:

• Wow

malvern_man

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I had this dilemma with a VW Beetle didn’t in the end but I looked at fine wire that came from inside old Wi-Fi routers and Ethernet cable and other electrical leads.
Good luck, the scale may be in your favour.

Thanks for the idea, I have just put an unused Ethernet cable in the loft in my 'just in case box' , I'll be getting it out again.

Regards, Chris.