1/24 Revell Fiat 131 Arbath

1275GT

Hi all, I'm just about to start work on this, and as I usually do military aircraft it's a bit of a departure for me.

I was just wondering if there are any generic 1/24 auro PE or resin upgrades at all, or more specifically, anything suitable for use as mesh on the front panel.

Any help / info gratefully received.

Cheers, Neil

D

djbozz

Try this website its in Czec republic its the only One I could find

Special parts - Fiat 131 Abarth

Last edited:

1275GT

Wow, thanks for that Neil (snap ! ), I haven't seen this before..........now I just need to figure out how to buy it!!!!

It doesn't actually have the mesh I was looking for, but some of those detail bits are great - thanks for the link.

Cheers, Neil

1275GT

Hi all.......firstly, I didn't realise I'd "started" this so long ago.........is there a record for this sort of thing????? There's nothing like taking your time, is there..........

Anyway, thanks Neil (djbozz ), I've ordered the pe set, should be getting it through in the next couple of days, hopefully.

I do have another question - does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to represent washer bottles? I don't want to do them just white, but I can think of a way for getting that kind of translusent look to them. Any help gratefully recived !

Cheers, Neil

B

Bunkerbarge

What about acetate rod turned down in a lathe or drill or how about clear sprue stretched and trimmed to size? Maybe drill out the sprue before stretching and put some clear paint inside.

Just ideas to try

1275GT

Ah....I fear I may have used the term "bottle" a bit looslely, as I most of the containers I'm refering to are in some form of square shape !! I do like the idea of the sprue drilled out and filled with clear paint......I'll have to frind something to try that out on !!

The containers I mean are usally in a "white" plastic, but are transparent enough to see the fluid level in.............if that makes any sense at all !!

Cheers, Neil

S

Spyderman_uk

I think I'd be inclined to paint it in an off-white colour and put a slightly darker shade line around it to represent the liquid level.