1/32 Beaufighter

E

erasmus

Does anyone know please where I can get a copy of Scale Models magazine Volume 5 No.56 (May 1974) and Volume 5 No.58 July 1974? Apparently, they are very useful guides for building the Revell 1/32nd Beaufighter.

Thanks

Michael

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Don't want to state the obvious but have you tried contacting the Scale Models magazine company (presuming they are still going)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi Michael , id say the chances of getting a 37 year old back issue are VERY slim! If youre wanting reference pics , background info and colour profiles etc then id recommend the SAM publications modellers datafile on the beaufighter , i used this when i did my revell 1/32 beau, its very useful if youre planning on doing the cockpit/ interior/wheel wells correctly (the kit supplied one is very simplified and basically all wrong!)Get a copy of Scale aircraft modelling international (SAMI) magazine , theres usually a bit in the middle advertising their datafiles , i think the beaufighter one is about £16. If theres anything i can help with regarding the build just give us a shout, its a big job, in more ways than one ,but it can make a nice looking model, heres mine- cheers tony

View attachment 30997

View attachment 30998

View attachment 30999

View attachment 31000

P1040140 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

P1040143 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040150 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040146 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

E

erasmus

Thanks for your replies.

I've managed to find a complete copy of the modeller's datafile on the web and it was free!

I've made a bid for the July 1974 copy on ebay. Unfortunately, the seller has already sold the May one but fingers crossed I'll find one somewhere.

I don't think I realised just how big a job it's likely to be, but as long as it's enjoyable then that's all that matters.

Kind regards

Michael

B

Bunkerbarge

Don't forget to take pictures along the way and share them with us. This is a lovely model and will be very interesting watching it going together.