1/32 Eurofighter

U

ugly 6

Ive seen other 1/32 eurofighters on other sites finished,,,,, how they achieved that in the time, that I ll never know ,it only came out at christmas.

However

still ever more slowly we begin to eat away at the subassembly mountain.

View attachment 11656View attachment 11657View attachment 11658

I very much doubt that barley grey is the right colour for a eurofighter I believe its too dark

so having bought some im going to lighten it by adding 50% barley grey and 50% white

I havnt seen a picture of a Eurofighter which is dark grey anybody got a pic to prove me wrong?

ugly 6 out

View attachment 21224

View attachment 21225

View attachment 21226

P1080515.jpg

P1080514.jpg

P1080517.jpg

U

ugly 6

SLow slow quick quick slow

progrees is painfully slow no particular reason just is

View attachment 12065View attachment 12066

I guess im just taking my time (hope that pays in the end)

I used correction fluid to fill in the gaps between the wings and fusalage with mixed results.LIke any filler if you put to much on you have to take it orf.

I got to such apoint i decided to blank it all out with alclad primer so i could examine it a bit better it is imperative to leave now for 24 hours.

I fancied one of those storm shadows untill i saw the price of them so I thought i would have a go at making one with milliput cant be that hard can it from little acorns

View attachment 12067

ugly 6 out

View attachment 21368

View attachment 21369

View attachment 21370

P1080519.jpg

P1080518.jpg

P1080520.jpg

F

Fenlander

Modelling is not a race Ugly, you do it whatever speed you feel like. Have to say it is starting to look quite impressive. Take your time and keep us updated.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I must of missed your update. It's coming along nicely,you can't hurry these things and get a result at the end. Sorry I can't comment on the colours all jets look grey to me lol.Keep it coming.

Cheers

Steve

U

ugly 6

I knocked up a crude storm shadow using milliput as the photo above shows for some reason the milliput didnt go hard in the middle ,so I had a great idea to put it in the microwave to harden the milliput.

Unfortunately a 30 sec burn ruptured the body and split it along its length.DO NOT COPY THIS!!It will end in tears

Scrapped almost a whole packet of milliput.

Mark 2

I still want a storm shadow so Iive invested in a pak of balsa wood and as we speak Iam shaping a new storm shadow..

does anyone know of a link to a site that shows the dimensions of a storm shadow I dont seem to be able to locate exact dimensions

ugly 6 out

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
5.1 M long by 3 M wide is all I have been able to find.
3m must be the "wingspan." The body would only be about 1m wide but this is something I know nothing about!

Steve

U

ugly 6

View attachment 12422

For my own reasons I didnt like the colour barley grey ,it just seemed so dark ,so I settled for vallejo pale grey blue 71046

In the picture it has had 2 coats of paint and also 3 coats of Klear floor varnish. Again it is important now to leave it alone for at least 24 hours.

The problem with such a big plane is that its so easy to knock of the pitot tubes on the front and the tip of the tail.I think I will get a broom handle and stick it up its six to give me a better handle on things.

ugly 6 out

View attachment 21560

P1080537.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice,I know how easy it is to bash a big model,it sometimes feels like the room has shrunk!

Steve

F

Fenlander

LOL, it is a tad unnerving. I often wonder who first did things and what they were thinking at the time....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
View attachment 12454its times like these that you wonder who was the first person to ever apply a wash to their newly painted airframe and what ever did they have in mind ,Honest love it says do this in the book .

ugly 6 out
hi ugly (one of my less successful chat up lines!) this reminds me of the time i first attempted a wash on a freshly painted 1/48 su 27 flanker, I didnt really know the ins and outs and used an undiluted games workshop ink wash . It looked just like your typhoon,except when i came to rub it off it wouldnt budge. I eventually ruined the paint finish trying to get it off with allsorts of things,nail varnish remover,thinners ,turps etc!! Oh dear!(i think thats what i said! or was it?!) i just had to put it down to experience . cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As we're talking washes,top tip for anyone planning to use the ProModeller variety. Put a few drops of washing up liquid in the bottle before you mix it up to break the surface tension and stop the wash pooling on the model rather than running into all the nooks and crannies.

Steve

U

ugly 6

View attachment 12482

Hello peeps

ive used Mig wash ,only reason is Ive got some mind you I havnt got as much as I had when I started .I may even give it another coat both sides ,what ive found is that its important to let the wash dry completly so that the black in the grooves actually dries in place and dosnt dislodge when you wipe it off like most things you find out as you go along .I am reliably assured that if anything does go wrong its possible to remove it all with a lot of water ,famous last words.If you do get it right the results are worth working for ,and a lot has to do with the preparation as well.

All will be revealled.

ugly 6 out

View attachment 21600

P1080539.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You are right about letting it dry,and you can always remove it with water and a brush. I always take my time over removing the excess. Sometimes you may overlook a virtually invisible smear of wash in a place where you don't want it. When you apply your next (or final) coat of varnish it will appear much darker and more obvious. I take off what I think is all the excess then walk away,have a cuppa,and come back with the kitchen towel and cotton buds to tidy up.

Cheers

Steve