1/35 Academy Hetzer (late war)

A

AJay

\ said:
Yeah! Is coming along very nice ;) I like it the weathering so far. Will you made a little chipping effect?

Polux
Yes, there will be some chipping - that's next on my list. I still have a lot to do with this build yet, so stay tuned :smiling3:

A

AJay

Just a few more shots of today's progress. Still lots to do including the wheels and tracks which I haven't touched yet. Then there's a little chipping and some dusting,etc,etc...............

View attachment 78323

View attachment 78324

Tracks crying out for weathering!

View attachment 78325

View attachment 78326

View attachment 78327

View attachment 78328

Tracks crying out for weathering!

View attachment 78329

View attachment 78330

View attachment 78331

A close up of my oil dot and streaking effects.............the skirts have been done also but are obviously not fitted yet ;)

weathering WIP10.jpg

weathering WIP13.jpg

weathering WIP14.jpg

weathering WIP15.jpg

weathering WIP16.jpg

weathering WIP17.jpg

weathering WIP21.jpg

weathering WIP22.jpg

weathering WIP25.jpg

First Name
Aaron
Looking dope Ajay...the streaks are nice and the wash has brought out the welded seams well..."were going on a lion hunt"

P

Polux

I like those subtle streaks. I really love this red colour, it has me bewitched ;)

Polux

A

AJay

\ said:
Looking dope Ajay...the streaks are nice and the wash has brought out the welded seams well..."were going on a lion hunt"
Thanks, mate! The streaks were fun to do.

A

AJay

\ said:
I like those subtle streaks. I really love this red colour, it has me bewitched ;) Polux
Thank you Polux! The red is actually Vallejo 'Calvary Brown' which is a close match for red-oxide to my eyes. I must admit, it's my favourite colour right now,

D

dubster72

Very nice Alex, the paintwork is nicely faded & muted now! The chipping looks good, as does the general wear n tear ;)

Cheers Patrick

A

AJay

Thanks, guys! Don't worry, I won't post another update now until it is completely complete :smiling3: Cheers

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
think this will some it all up great work all off it , the lads have said what i would real good job,

look forward to seeing her done :rolleyes: +,s from me :cool:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow that looks the dogs b...:confused:great! Weathering is fab as well;)

W

Wittmann205

Ecellent work mate! may I ask which tracks you used?

I like the different coloring of the wheels ;)

Cheers Benny

A

AJay

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Benny - I used the link and length tracks that came with the kit. One side fitted, but strangely the other side did not; I therefore had to cut up some tracks links to make them fit.

Great work and love the weathering job. Have one in my stash ... and tempted to start building it after seeing your build.