1/35 German military car with base

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks I've found a kit from my stash that hopefully will fit this small base I've had laying around. I'm not sure what scene I'll be attempting yet so I'll probably make it up as I go along. Thanks for looking in and any comments left. Cheers John

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks Steve.
I've made some progress on the car and got the chassis fixed to the body. I found this process to be very frustrating and annoying. The instructions are very vague overhaul with placement and no colour callouts whatsoever. Some of the most delicate parts were attached to the sprue in some cases at five anchor points. Most of the tiny parts that had pins and locating holes were filled with flash so I had to hold them with tweezers whilst drilling them out with a micro drill trying not to snap them as I did so. Removal of the parts from the sprue had to be done whilst holding you breath and trying not to blink as the turbulence from your eyelid could well result in a broken part. In my humble opinion the chassis was over engineered and could have been easier. Some may enjoy this but I certainly didn't. Not on my list of recommendations to be honest but it's done now thankfully. More progress later just off to see the nurse!
Cheers John

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks small update cars now under paint thankfully. Did I enjoy the build ? No!!!! Will I ever build another one? Not in this lifetime! Some may enjoy all the fiddly bits which are very awkward to cut from the sprue as they are very delicate and have way to many attachment points to the sprue. Instructions vague as into positioning of parts and no colour callouts. Anyway here she is seats at the upholsters to be added later.Thanks for looking in and any comments left. Cheers John

IMG_1234.JPG

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Sorry, you found a bad kit.
The only ones I had problems with were old miniart kits.
Dragon sometimes has weird mistakes in instructions.
The only masterbox model I started had no flash, and the pieces went together well.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I have made one MB before and as you found it had many very small parts although I found fit was good. This looks good so worth the effort. Looking forward to the next stages.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work with the base. Will you be adding some figures John?