1/35 Matilda I - First Home printed 3D model Completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The files for this model, by ArvernesMiniatures were downloaded from the Cults website & cost 8 Euros.
Initially, due to inexperience, I could only open the hull & turret files ( not helped by my geriatric PC ). A couple of months later, and I've been able to open all files & print them :thumb2:. I used PrusaSlicer 2.5.0. as software, and printed it out on my Anet A6 printer, using POGI PLA filament. Only four parts, and total printing time was about 24 hours! Quite a lot of clean up is needed Assembly is with CA. Paint is G4 green from the long defunct DBA paints.DSCF4315.JPGDSCF4316.JPGDSCF4317.JPGDSCF4318.JPGDSCF4319.JPGDSCF4320.JPGDSCF4321.JPGDSCF4322.JPGDSCF4323.JPGDSCF4324.JPG

DSCF4325.JPG
Size comparison with the Tamiya Matilda II.
I'm sure this model would look better resin printed, but I'm still finding the limits of my printer, and what can, and can't be done. One disadvantage is the long printing times, but against that - the model took about 1/4 spool of filament, meaning each model material cost is just over £3, of course I have the initial 8 Euros cost, but I can print out as many Matilda Is as I like ( license is for personal use only ).
I have had failures, a 1/35 MT-T was aborted, as there were too may difficulties, that I just didn't think were worth sorting.................
I'm in the process of printing a 1/35 Mk.VIII 'International' tank from 1918/19 - that's taking a long time, as it's quite a big beast!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thirded :thumb2:

First time the Committee have awarded the download THE DOGS.jpgto a 3 d printed model .Congratulations.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fourthed, looks great Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
It's not perfect, by any means! A vast improvement on my first prints! You can keep on tweaking & tinkering with the software/printer - improvements can be tiny, or non-existent, but that's part of the fun (!*?!)
Dave

Reactions: JR