1/35 RAF Pilot Resting on the job

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Hi All,

Ive been silently lurking on the forum but thought i should start a thread on this little build. I purchased this some time ago now from Southwell Expo Newark, the minature itself is from MDC which is a local company in lincolnshire :smiling3:20221030_160802.jpg20221030_161039.jpg20221030_161008.jpg20221030_161033.jpg

First job is to get the model degreased and primed :smiling3:

Last edited:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It's not even on Scalemates either. I'm not even sure if Bob @ MDC is still producing things. I could be wrong though.... i usually am

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
It's not even on Scalemates either. I'm not even sure if Bob @ MDC is still producing things. I could be wrong though.... i usually am

I do believe MDC had stopped some parts of there business not quite sure how much though, hes not selling at shows anymore either.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I'll be following.
It's a subject I've long intended to sculpt myself, then lost interest when I saw this years ago.
That said, I can now see that it's a rather rudimentary sculpt(although I am sure you will do a great job of painting him), so I still might give it a bash sometime in the future.
looking forward to it
N

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
I'll be following.
It's a subject I've long intended to sculpt myself, then lost interest when I saw this years ago.
That said, I can now see that it's a rather rudimentary sculpt(although I am sure you will do a great job of painting him), so I still might give it a bash sometime in the future.
looking forward to it
N
Cheers, its a great subject and from a hand sculpt and then cast its not bad for the scale but compared to the 3D models that are out there now its worlds apart. Ill try my best!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
This looks pretty cool Ben!!! I'll follow along for the ride. I can't wait to see what you do with the Teddybear......

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have vague memories of seeing photos when I was a teen of RAF types during the BOB, sitting around on the airfield on all manner of livingroom and household furnishings smoking, drinking, and just generally yucking it up with the others in their group. This could really be an interesting element for a future diorama if you are so inclined Ben. I'll watch with interest. :thumb2:

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
I have vague memories of seeing photos when I was a teen of RAF types during the BOB, sitting around on the airfield on all manner of livingroom and household furnishings smoking, drinking, and just generally yucking it up with the others in their group. This could really be an interesting element for a future diorama if you are so inclined Ben. I'll watch with interest. :thumb2:
Its certainly a well captured moment, i will look into a diorama of sorts as he definitely will need a back drop the more i think of it, thanks hopefully i can make a reasonable job of it :smiling3:

Last edited:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Something similar i did a few years back

1671179449426.png1671179472824.png1671179504576.png

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice concept. I can see him resting by the dispersal hut next to the scramble bell with its iconic message……Don’t just yell, ring like hell……