1/35 Soviet T26 Tank and a Zvezda M72 Motor cycle and side car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
With the other none starter gathering dust I've delved in to the stash and came up with these two .
The scene will be one of a destroyed farm house by the Germans as they hurriedly retreated, the T26 has met 2 foreward scouts on thier motor bike . So the chase is on .

IMG_20230604_180916183.jpgIMG_20230604_180950399_MF_PORTRAIT.jpgIMG_20230604_181156396.jpg.
IMG_20230604_181238757.jpgIMG_20230604_181300045.jpgIMG_20230604_181316682.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230604_181228514.jpg
    IMG_20230604_181228514.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230604_181220951.jpg
    IMG_20230604_181220951.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
453, I know I'm first to bag a good seat, but be a good chap and show us what you are going to build please?:tongue-out3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570, please allow time for the photos to arrive , I've had to post them from the phone, while I use the tablet
They have since arrived
Note the seperate tracks and pins :confused:. I'll have a go assembling them, but my record for these is rubbish .
Though this time I'll leave those pins in the sprue and glue them in first .
If all else fails I have the Fruils, which of course I prefer
Hope to make a start tomorrow
Seats available, any one who was at the other build can transfer
John .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hey John,is that the kit with the Pig option?!!
As you know, I've many of the 1/35 motorcycle Combi kits,done a few,got a few on the shelf of doom also !! ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking forward to this John. Those 1/35 scale motor bikes are very fiddly. Good luck with the tracks.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hello old friend long time no speak ,this is the one time I'm not going to badger you to stick with the kit links honest no midnight conversations they are the pits even I came close to spitting out the dummy ,even the number count for each side is wrong ,I built a kit with the same chassis for the late great Simon T's group build i took close to a couple of inches off each side and still had sag to share hope you don't mind a pic
20201122_175811.jpg
They kinda look the part but please if you can afford them go with the fruils for your own health. I'll pm later when I get five to myself . Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all, not been on here for about a week. Had no interest in the bench at one point. Did some gardening and other 1/1 jobs.

Eventually stated on the T26. Now's there's nothing wrong with the kit, I couldn't see any flash , it's just the numerous small parts. The plastic is very soft, rather like MiniArt .
To any one with two good eyes a little troublesome, but to a one eyed modeller it's nearly impossible.:disappointed:

On the suspension your supposed to fit a spring leaf suspension into a part with a extremely small pin. Managed one and that took 2 hrs , yes 2 hrs of dropping , picking up and retrying . Eventually I've fixed the lot in a backward fashion with tet and ca . Resulting in a very uneven set of lower boggies. Just hope those Fruils fit.
My buddy Dave Lovell suggested I use the Fruils, well having had a long look at the plastic tracks and method of joining I'm in full agreement. No good trying to work a miracle with those.

By tonight I have built most of the hull , not taken any photos , but might tomorrow. Depends on how I feel .
Sorry I've missed a load of completed builds and other stuff .Will try to pay more attention.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm sure using Fruils is the way to go. Not only will they look better but you'll save your sanity.
Hope the mojo kicks in and we can enjoy watching another JR masterpiece come together.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Note the seperate tracks and pins :confused:. I'll have a go assembling them, but my record for these is rubbish .
Though this time I'll leave those pins in the sprue and glue them in first .
The idea is that you leave part of the sprue attached to the pin, so you can use it as a handle. Cut or break it off where the sprue thins:

Cut here.jpeg

Hold onto that part to push the pin into the track link and then cut off the sprue.

The author of the instructions doesn’t seem to have realised this, though, looking at the picture you posted of that …

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
All well and good Jakko but unless the the parts are lined up precisely and I mean precisely there's no way that the pin will click into place absolutely no wriggle room any strong hand tactics result in the pin snapping or bending I know I've been there as I said John if budget allows go with your fruils.
Still find it hard to belive that with all of today's know how they can't produce a decent band track. Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow just had one hell of rain storm, lightening, thunder right over your house ! :confused:and hail
At least it will be hopefully cooler .

IMG_20230612_114128553_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230612_114321275.jpg
Not all on the level,but hoping the base can be made to suit.

IMG_20230612_114401925.jpg
Those pins on the inner side of the ring were a troublesome addition. Also the pin length for the drive wasn't long enough to even go into the hike in the sprocket. Either me or they got it wrong . I check several times to see if the assembly was correct

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow just had one hell of rain storm, lightening, thunder right over your house ! :confused:and hail
At least it will be hopefully cooler .
Ooh! The wet kind of pyromania with sound effects. We get that very often due to the hot weather build up.
Hope your mojo returns John...I'm feeling some withdrawal symptoms from the recent event. I didn't know there was a kit of a Russian side car.

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey John,is that the kit with the Pig option?!!
As you know, I've many of the 1/35 motorcycle Combi kits,done a few,got a few on the shelf of doom also !! ;)
Hi Andy , no not a pig insight. The Germans had taken them by then.
Interesting point about the Russian made engine in the bike it was based on the BMW one .

Sounds interesting, I'll grab a chair while I can

No wonder. A courier might have been quicker :tongue-out2:
Andy don't let 570 remarks from that old wood butcher influence you ;).
Don't you be shouting at me. A bit of respect for the elderly, if you please.......
Oi, 570 would I ever do that to you :blow-kiss:

Looking forward to this John. Those 1/35 scale motor bikes are very fiddly. Good luck with the tracks.
Thanks Jim, not really looked at it yet, honestly It cant be any harder then the Hobby Boss.--------- or can it !

I'll take a seat sharing your preference for Friul tracks.
Thanks Andrea, can't beat then except for the price. For me it's really the only option

Not surprised you needed a break after the intensity of the last epic, John, no need to apologise my friend.
That's very kind Neil, I felt really drained last week , what with my eyes playing up with hay fever a constant itching as well . Luckily I remembered vaseline around the eyes gives relief .
I'm sure using Fruils is the way to go. Not only will they look better but you'll save your sanity.
Hope the mojo kicks in and we can enjoy watching another JR masterpiece come together.
Sure they will Jim, in fact there will be fire , the remains of a farm house in the back ground. It's been too long since I burnt some buildings. :smiling2::smiling2:.

I'll take a pew ready for your build JR
Hi Mick , your very welcome .

The idea is that you leave part of the sprue attached to the pin, so you can use it as a handle. Cut or break it off where the sprue thins:

View attachment 483887

Hold onto that part to push the pin into the track link and then cut off the sprue.

The author of the instructions doesn’t seem to have realised this, though, looking at the picture you posted of that …
Yes after a previous fiasco with these type of tracks, I'd cut them off first ! Mike told me that way as well.
The trouble is the hole in the track and the over thickness of the pins .As Dave has rightly said it just doesn't work .Sure some of you might manage it , but for me it's just not worth attempting . Trust me If Dave has had problems attempting it , it says it all .

Ooh! The wet kind of pyromania with sound effects. We get that very often due to the hot weather build up.
Hope your mojo returns John...I'm feeling some withdrawal symptoms from the recent event. I didn't know there was a kit of a Russian side car.

Cheers,
Wabble
I remember the typhoons in HK Wibble , now that was something !

Perfectly surmised , just one of those unfortunately things. Hopefully behind me now.
John .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
All well and good Jakko but unless the the parts are lined up precisely and I mean precisely there's no way that the pin will click into place
That’s what the assembly jig in the kit is there to ensure. I also had no problems with this happening when I assembled Trumpeter’s T66 Sherman tracks that work the same way but have no jig supplied. Of course, it’s easily possible that these particular tracks aren’t as well-engineered.

Still find it hard to belive that with all of today's know how they can't produce a decent band track. Dave
Decent as in: that doesn’t result in curved links going over the idler and/or drive sprocket?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That’s what the assembly jig in the kit is there to ensure. I also had no problems with this happening when I assembled Trumpeter’s T66 Sherman tracks that work the same way but have no jig supplied. Of course, it’s easily possible that these particular tracks aren’t as well-engineered.

Decent as in: that doesn’t result in curved links going over the idler and/or drive sprocket?
Can't answer for Dave, but I don't imagine Hobby Boss are as well engineered as Trumpeters Jakko .

The plastic is very soft .