1/35 Zvezda Kamaz Rally Truck.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
Great work so far mate. The open panels should look the bomb. Cudos for getting the decals off the masking tape I don't think I would have even tried.

First Name
Andy
Thanks for all the comments on the truck, because of all the hassle I caused myself with doing the modifications this has been teetering on the edge of the bin now and again but I think I am (very) nearly there, but don't hold your breath. With regards to the decal, it is not something I have done before and I did not for one minute think I would get away with it, not something I would recommend, very nerve wracking I assure you so I will be very careful with masking tape in the future.

Andy.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is one impressive truck you have built there!

I saw one of these on YouTube a while ago. Seeing something that size come flying over a hill, on a bend land on two wheels and still make the corner at a fair rate of knots... That would scare the proverbial out of me.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice updates Andy I think Hot Wheels has this Truck I remember seeing it the other day and was thinking of this build

First Name
Andy
You guys would probably be thinking that I had forgotten this model, or even chucked it in the bin, but no to either. During the good weather my attic was too warm to work and even when the temp dropped a bit I was still spending a lot of time on the bike but now the rain is here things have changed, too wet for biking but OK for modelling.
I finally got both the sides hinged to my satisfaction.
53087147556_dd1bb0e24b_b.jpg

53087643253_7578669c00_b.jpg

Still a bit of work on the chassis internals to do before I can fix the box on properly.
I got some more decals on the cab front, I have never had a model with so many decals, and some of them are tiny as opposed to the huge ones on the top and sides of the body.

53087553965_4d8e1354d1_b.jpg

So it is still under construction but the end is in sight, if you look with binoculars. :smiling5:

Andy.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not something for the faint hearted is it Andy.
Think you've done so well , esp cutting the section like that.
Hopefully you'll get some more done as it looks like it's going to be wet for a while .

First Name
Andy
Well progress has been slow, almost non existent in fact but I got back to it last night. No pictures for reasons which will become appparent as there has been a change of plan, well two changes actually, the first was to scrap the thing as it is not working out the way I wanted and the second is, as I have spent so much time with it I may as well try to get it done somehow. When trying to fit the hinged top/sides it became obvious that I must have built a slight twist in the structure and the model is too far along to try and fix it so I have decided just to glue the top/sides on permanently (something I should have done in the first place instead of trying to be clever). Tonight I took off all the hinges and cleaned things up a bit so it should be getting there soon.

Andy.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Nice to see this on the go again. Far too much work done and looking far too good not to see it completed.

First Name
Andy
I was lying in bed this morning thinking enough is enough, that truck is going to be terminated, junked, thrown in the bin, but after having a good day including a haircut and getting a doctor's appointment for tomorrow I went up to the bench and had a change of heart.

53148320966_a7b7ab5932_b.jpg

53148754795_76d1f62d4c_b.jpg

The top is still to be fixed on, spare wheels to go in the rear, the cab is just loose as there are lots of parts to fit to it yet, mirrors, door handles, grab rails, spot light bars etc. Not the way I envisaged it but it will have to do, at least the rear door opens. Lesson learned for me, do not try to do something outside your skill set, or put another way, do not let yourself have a triumph of enthusiasm over skill by cutting things up and then finding out you have not done it correctly. Anyway, onwards and upwards and one of these days I may modify something and get it right, says he hopefuly.

Andy.

First Name
Andy
Well, these days you have to do something to celebrate getting a doctor's appointment.
Pete
Yes indeed, I must have been lucky as I got a cancellation, if I had been later, or earlier I would have had to wait, probably for at least a week.

Andy.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Funnily enough I just called my GP practice and got an appointment straight away!
Pete