1/48 Scale Models Mil-Mi 24 Hind / Ju-87 Stuka

G

Garethp

After watching James May's 1/1 scale Airfix Spitfire I got the urge to make a few models up after doing so when I was a kid.

I've been looking for 1/48 scale models of a Hind and a Stuka to counter models of a Spitfire and an Apache, but can't find anywhere selling them. Does anyone know if models exist at this scale?

1275GT

Hi, check Ebay....only 1 Hind in 1/48, but several Stuka's...... I'd probably opt for the Hasegawa, myself.

Cheers.

F

Fenlander

Hi Gareth and welcome to the forum. Revell do a 1/48 Stuka and a Hind, as do Monogram.

G

Garethp

Not a big fan of e-bay, but at least I know they exist.

Looking at a few websites and having ordered some kits from Model Hobbies I see there are a lot more manufacturers than the Airfix and Revell that I remember, I see you've mentioned Hasegawa, are there any manufacturers that have a poor attitude to quality control and are best avoided?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi and welcome back,that May bloke did some job! Most manufacturers do a few dogs but be wary of some older kits. Some Airfix and Revell kits are 40 years old. That doesn't mean they are all bad. I can't comment on the helicopters but the Hasegawa Stuka should give you no problems.

Steve

G

Garethp

Cheers,

Just finished a loft conversion to use as a den and have gone a bit radio rental on how to fill it...

Just finishing off a 1/72 Airfix SA330 Puma that I was able to get off of Amazon as well as an Airfix 1/72 Lysander and have Airfix 1/24 and 1/48 Spitfire, 1/48 Hurricane and Me-109 models to do, as well as a Tamiya FW-190. Also have an Airfix 1/72 Shorts Sunderland (my dad used to be a gunner in one), Sepecat Jaguar, Revell Tornado F3 and a GR1 to do, some of the kits I've had for a few years without getting around to building them.

I have a wishlist as long as my arm, which is worrying the fiancee.