1/72 Airfix MiG 15

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely job Theuns, always thought the MIG 15 was what a fighter jet should look like...don't know why, but there is something about the design.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bari

Nice job, the natural metal finish looks good. I have also done these two a while ago. I used the Mig as an experiment in the technique here

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/12/stuff_eng_tech_nmf.htm

With the Sabre I found the decals very thick but they broke apart at the slightest nudge when putting them in position.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Theuns , Ive got one of these to do so its nice to see how it looks when its completed , I hope mine looks as good as this !, cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb job Theuns, looks great parked next to its nemesis :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

The MIG certainly brings back fond memories, I built one as a teenager! Mind you there was no such thing as Alclad in those days, it was a pot of Airfix silver with a brush!!

Lovely job though and so good to see an old kit being given a new lease of life.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
The MIG certainly brings back fond memories, I built one as a teenager! Mind you there was no such thing as Alclad in those days, it was a pot of Airfix silver with a brush!!Lovely job though and so good to see an old kit being given a new lease of life.
This is the new tool one richard , light years away from the old tool dog!! It only took them 50 years to get round to doing a new version!!!LOL!!!

B

Bunkerbarge

Ah!!!!, now that makes a bit more sense. Still brought back fond memories though! Thanks Tony

T

T. van Vuuren

It is a cool little kit this, the fit is good, detail is good and the decals are interesting, They are for either Russian, North Korean or Hungarian AF planes. They went on extremely well, I am duly impressed with the latest airfix decals.

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I haven't seen a bad news review of a new tool Airfix kit yet. When I get back into building I'm going to have to stock up on some of these great kits.

D

Doug Hughes

Lovely. Neat build and I particularly like the contrasting panels.

A

AJay

Great,clean builds! Good to see the size comparison between both aircraft.

T

T. van Vuuren

Also of interest it the fat fuselage of the Mig with it's centrufugal turbine and the Sabre with it's longer narrow axle-flow turbine.

Another interesting thing is the leading edge slats on the Sabre that poped out in a high angle flight, whereas the Mig has a more "rough/simple" way of keeping the airflow on the swept wing with "fences" .......almost "agircaltural" LOL

Theuns