1 72 leopold

First Name
barry
View attachment 71630

View attachment 71631

Hi Guys
this is the first military kit i have built since i was a kid( used to build all the airfix tanks)

and this is the first time i used a air brush (as you can probably tell) always used spray cans on my cars and locos, tried to add a little weathering to gun and added shading to crew, bit rubbish though ...seeing your models i need to get some info from you guys on ..

have now got a spray booth and mask and all set to go (have ordered 1 72 dora !!!! woops)

bazer

View attachment 71632

View attachment 71633

leopold 008.jpg

leopold 010.jpg

leopold 003.jpg

leopold 007.jpg

First Name
Gregg
Don't knock yourself, this is a great looking build and the paint is spot on!

What paint did you use on the shells & cartridges?

Gregg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Bazer, I think that is a very nice build. Not being a big airbrush user myself, I am failing to spot any deficiencies in your paint work on the railway gun. Nice work mate.

First Name
barry
\ said:
Don't knock yourself, this is a great looking build and the paint is spot on!pWhat paint did you use on the shells & cartridges?

Gregg

First Name
barry
Hi gregg

sorry only just read your post the paint is a spray can called plastic coat from B & Q stores. Sure to have on near you

regards bazer.

First Name
Andy
Hi Bazer,

It certainly doesn't look like your first time Sir, your finish and the model etc and fantastic, that thing looks huge, and as for the cartridges, I thought they where actual brass...

Andy...

P

Polux

Wow!! It's very nice.

Looking a fantastic build Bazer!

Cherrs.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I am impressed, seriously, this is a good all round model. Only crit from me is that figures look too clean, a bit of shading and they will look even better, maybe a slight wash on the gun itself to tone down the paintwork but overall a superb great build from me.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
barry
Thanks for comments guys . It helps ,I need to learn about washes and adding shading to figures.

the spray paints are great if you can get them they also do a copper shade that i use for my loco funnel caps.

bazer

First Name
barry
\ said:
Thanks for comments guys . It helps ,I need to learn about washes and adding shading to figures.the spray paints are great if you can get them they also do a copper shade that i use for my loco funnel caps.

bazer

N

noble

Hi Bazer this is a little cracker actually, the paint is very nice and in 1/72 as well. I the 1/35 trumpeter version which tends to take up a little bit of room but in 1/72 i imagine that will not be an issue. Great work i like it.

scott