1/72 MILLENNIUM FALCON.

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Si

Yep that's the one got as far as constructing the inner corridors then the last issue I looked at had I think 3 or 4 rings with about 72 padded cushions to glue into place at that point I just lost the will to do any further but as I said seeing your finished 1/72 build has given me the kick up backside needed to carry on with this build

Colin

D

dougie

\ said:
I'm doing the deagostini falcon but I'm waiting to get all the parts then I'll do it , :smiling3:
Awesome mate. We should do a falcon build thread haha, I haven't started mine but I have ordered new cockpit detail parts. Will be trying put fibre lighting and such I think but not planned it yet. Going to start on the coffee table diorama to put it in first

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Awesome mate. We should do a falcon build thread haha, I haven't started mine but I have ordered new cockpit detail parts. Will be trying put fibre lighting and such I think but not planned it yet. Going to start on the coffee table diorama to put it in first
Great stuff yeah it would be good to do a GB of this seeing as there's a few of us that are collecting this

I do believe there's a lighting kit included in this :smiling3:

D

dougie

\ said:
Great stuff yeah it would be good to do a GB of this seeing as there's a few of us that are collecting this
I do believe there's a lighting kit included in this :smiling3:
Your right about the lighting kit but it didn't flash or anything. I think I will try to get something a bit more jazzy. Maybe some flashers with mixed timings and steady lights. Not sure, not sure how difficult that would be either

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Your right about the lighting kit but it didn't flash or anything. I think I will try to get something a bit more jazzy. Maybe some flashers with mixed timings and steady lights. Not sure, not sure how difficult that would be either
This model has 1mm multicoloured fibre optics in the cabin, these flash and then stay on and then flash. Not hard to do mate.

D

dougie

\ said:
This model has 1mm multicoloured fibre optics in the cabin, these flash and then stay on and then flash. Not hard to do mate.
How did you find out how to do it or did you but. Kit? I studied mechatronics, I have no excuses but I don't want loads of 555 timers and such if I can just buy a programmable board.

Also... I saw a guy put a smoke machine in and it put smoke jets from under the ramp. I had kittens mate, it was better than... Chocolate. Honest

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I used to do my own, but just prewired sets and adapt for my use. You seem to know what you're doing so if you have to cut and solder or even use a connector block it will work. Besides, most of flashing do-das are in the cockpit-so one multi flashing led prewired with optics fitted would do. Word of warning though, the plastic filaments used do not bend well, and even if you try and heat gently they go from starting to bend to curl and knackered...found this out the hard way.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Have you read this: http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/extraadd-on-lighting-kit/ May give you an idea or two.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I may not bother with the lights on mine , it's too big to do as a dio and I'd never get to show it off so there's no point :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I may not bother with the lights on mine , it's too big to do as a dio and I'd never get to show it off so there's no point :smiling3:
You big fat smell face...what a wuss! :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You big fat smell face...what a wuss! :D
I might put them in for Christmas it will save on the tree lights , mind you its one heck of a angel :D

D

dougie

\ said:
Have you read this: http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/extraadd-on-lighting-kit/ May give you an idea or two.
Cheers, I use the forums there but had not read this. Taking from the same supply and using a transformer seems like a good idea maybe...