1/72 naval figures

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Does anyone know were I can get German or any naval figures or figures in non fighting poses to use on my next schnellboot. Tried ebay one seller doing the revell 51 piece. Surly someone still makes them...
Andy

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Does anyone know were I can get German or any naval figures or figures in non fighting poses to use on my next schnellboot. Tried ebay one seller doing the revell 51 piece. Surly someone still makes them...
Andy
Good luck Andy, I also searched high and low for suitable 1/72 RN figures, at not silly money, but to no avail.
I ended up using some army figures, and cut and filed them to approximately the right shapes, and with appropriate colouring, and if you don't look closely, they may just pass for RN guys.
Not perfect but they will do for my purposes.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
How many are you looking for...
I have one,or maybe 2, German Naval figs of that scale,but don't suppose that's much help?

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good luck Andy, I also searched high and low for suitable 1/72 RN figures, at not silly money, but to no avail.
I ended up using some army figures, and cut and filed them to approximately the right shapes, and with appropriate colouring, and if you don't look closely, they may just pass for RN guys.
Not perfect but they will do for my purposes.
Thanks, had a feeling that would be the answer. Had the same idea to use army, when looking at the uniforms not to different if you use the correct colours.
Not sure if I should get the Revell ones off ebay, probably be as good as anything.
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
suitable 1/72 RN figures, at not silly money, but to no avail.
Milicast has landing craft crews in what they call “1/76-1/72” scale, such as:—

These will set you back something like £2 per figure, but of course, I don’t know if that’s what you consider silly money or not.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Something like these off of Etsy might do you…..
bloody hell they're good!
I think they must be scans, but very well done

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have you tried "Hannants"? They sell the CMK range of figures which includes U boat and , I believe, S boat crews. They are good quality figures. I have used some of their various aircrew.
John.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

These will set you back something like £2 per figure, but of course, I don’t know if that’s what you consider silly money or not.
Call me tight if you want, but I do feel 2 quid for a 1/72 figure is a bit silly. lol
But will certainly make a note of the seller.
Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Andy well on my big hms tiger an my norfolk i used cillvain model railway figers made by DAPOL an they are oo size about 1/72 scale you get about 40 figs in the bag an i must admit that you have to make them into naval figerurs but its only a little bit of filein their hats flat an they are about a tenner a bag
chrisb

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks everybody for the suggestions, Knew there had to be somewhere you could get figures, as I say though I do think £2 a figure is a bit steep. Quite like the look of the etsy ones, bit of filing here and there, but will check out Hannants first.
Which ever way I go, all suggestions are much better than the look of the Revell ones on ebay.
Cheers Andy.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I had a set of Revell Kriegsmarine but had given it away. Have you tried Preiser?

Cheers,
Wabble

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I had a set of Revell Kriegsmarine but had given it away. Have you tried Preiser?

Cheers,
Wabble
Shame on you when I was wanting some... lol. No haven't tried Preiser, but will have a look. Got to be honest and say was very impressed with SOME of the figures on etsy, may need a little filling.
All these names I've been given yet none of them seem to come up when doing a search.
Andy

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry

Thanks Jakko, my quest was for modern navy personnel to suit my Duke Class frigate. I was able to find WW11 figures but not modern.
Never mind, I made do with my modified figures, as it was just to have a little life on deck.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Try a search on Google for Kreigsmarine figures 1/72. There are quite a few when you dig through the chafe and get to the corn. Super hobby has quite a few specific to the s100.