1-87 Zis 5 Tanker for Mr. T.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Rick,
Got up earlier than usual...I guess I was nudged to see what you've done...nice! :thumb2: The lapshot looks authentic too. :smiling2:
I wouldn't suggest a drop of blood or two, following Simon's footsteps can be precarious :smiling6:...so keep the blade at a safe distance from the other fingers.
Threading my way past Steve and John...I see matron standing by with an extinguisher. Lee is in the demilitarized zone. I'll sit at the far end.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great to see you Richard.....Welcome to the Mad House! No blood to report as yet, but give me time.......does a smashed index finger count? A glancing blow with the hammer as I was punching the cover for the tank fill hatch has raised up a nice purple black bruise under the finger nail.........blue air in the man cave!:face-with-head-bandage: Stay away from Steve and JR.......those two are out of control Lee is doing well as he has plenty of Yorkshire tea to keep him happy.:hungry: Here is the last update of the day, fabricated and installed the rear fenders.
Cheers, P1011452.JPGRick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Very nice update. The fenders look great before you know it you will adding Race paint I mean green paint. The tea is keeping me calm. Steve usually brings biscuits this time I see it’s a Fire Extinguisher this time I wonder why.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rick its lookin good on this build but i shall always remeber SI for his mad wabbit an the lady dio as just before he passed has i said id love to see it finshed an he said well its here on my shelf i walk passed it every day its a pity someone could not finish it for him
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Chris, I have thought about "Julie" and that "Cwazy Wabbit" often....I followed That build when Mr.T started it.....Tried to find the thread the other day but no luck. Thought it was in Sci Fi or Figures. If I remember correctly he almost "Binned" it a couple of times
because wabbit kept shedding his ears...other appendages as well dropped off from time to time but he never gave up on it.
Thanks for the compliment and for dropping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You Neil, Mr. T was careful to take several good photographs of his in progress work so I have been using his old build thread
of this model as my blueprint to recreate it in 1/87 scale.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Much obliged Scottie, I am pleased that you think Simon would like it........would probably give me a little talk about plagiarizing other peoples builds:rolling: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You Ralph, I hope to get more posted up on this later on..........stay tuned. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, I have thought about "Julie" and that "Cwazy Wabbit" often....I followed That build when Mr.T started it.....Tried to find the thread the other day but no luck. Thought it was in Sci Fi or Figures. If I remember correctly he almost "Binned" it a couple of times
because wabbit kept shedding his ears...other appendages as well dropped off from time to time but he never gave up on it.
Thanks for the compliment and for dropping by. Rick H.

HI Rick well i read his mad wabbit thread about four times as it was so funny with all the memebers an Si's comment an about a moth ago i treid again to find it as i was a bit down an i thought id read SI's mad wabbit thread to cheer me up but i could not find it so i pm'd Si an he told me he said if you want to waste your time looking at that 8 pages here is the link below an now im goin to read it again
HOPE it comes up ok for you Rick
CHRIS
SimonT - Yufan Model - Seal Support Team 75mm

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry for the late update........a little something to wake up to for you folks across the "Pond". :smiling: I got the sun visor fitted to the cab (PITA) located, fabbed and installed the grab bars on the tank. made a dome from wine bottle foil (pewter) and fixed it to the fill cap. Got a valve and modified it to turn left so the fuel hose can be stowed on the proper side. and located and installed the rear tow hooks. I think I'm about half way there. More tomorrow. Rick H.P1011454.JPGP1011455.JPGP1011456.JPG

Last edited: