1/9 Protar AJS 7R Racer.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy, you almost got the Laff emoji from me on your last comment about "wishing you'd never opened the box".....We are in the same boat presently, and misery does love company. I must say you are having more success than I am currently and it shows in the progress you have made so far. Don't give up on this as I think it has a good chance of turning out to be a really nice model once you have coaxed every bit of your talent pool to the forefront and whipped this bad boy into submission! :thumb2: :thumb2: Cheers!

First Name
Andy
How about taking the top of the rear sprocket teeth so it sits flatter and ca it every couple of teeth or so
Just a thought
simon
Thanks Simon, I was starting to think along those lines as no way will the wheels be turning on this for fear it falls to bits.

Andy.

First Name
Andy
Don't give up on this as I think it has a good chance of turning out to be a really nice model once you have coaxed every bit of your talent pool to the forefront and whipped this bad boy into submission! :thumb2: :thumb2: Cheers!
I admire your enthusiasm but don't share it, the model will get finished but as to the quality of the workmanship??????

Andy.

First Name
Andy
Sitting on the wheels now, still a fair bit of the fiddly stuff to do with the cables, fuel pipes, number boards and decals and I am a bit worried about them being 30 years old.
52688841522_8122d0233a_b.jpg

52689783760_f12015af3f_b.jpg

Should be done by the weekend then I can start on a model that has parts that fit and instructions that tell you where the parts go.:smiling5:

Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No sweat Andy and you are just about over the hump....carry on good Sir! :thumb2:

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
She’s looking good Andy. I know she’s had issues, but realistically, how else would you get something a bit different like this in the cabinet….

First Name
Andy
This thing is an exercise in problem solving and when you think it's going OK it throws up another one. The exhaust would not fit because it could not clear the front frame tubes meaning I had to alter the bends in the pipe a little, but it is on now and looks fine.
Good news is the decals went on with no trouble, the tank is not fixed yet as there is still a bit of fixing and fiddling to do with the fuel pipes.
52693311444_198cef773f_b.jpg

Best get a move on as the weekend is fast approaching.
Edit. Just looked at me pictures of the real thing and that exhaust still needs a bit of a tweek.
Andy.

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
This thing is an exercise in problem solving and when you think it's going OK it throws up another one. The exhaust would not fit because it could not clear the front frame tubes meaning I had to alter the bends in the pipe a little, but it is on now and looks fine.
Good news is the decals went on with no trouble, the tank is not fixed yet as there is still a bit of fixing and fiddling to do with the fuel pipes.
52693311444_198cef773f_b.jpg

Best get a move on as the weekend is fast approaching.
Edit. Just looked at me pictures of the real thing and that exhaust still needs a bit of a tweek.
Andy.
That looks really nice Andy, despite the issues your doing a great job here love it
Simon