'32 Ford Fooler

P

PWick

Produced by Lindberg many moons ago, I was lucky to pick one up on ebayUK for a song. The kit decals which were only four were in bits in the box, so off to my stash for replacements. The instructions to me were quite comical as it spoke about preparing chrome parts, none of which were in the kit, not one!

I painted the shell Tamiya Metalic Green, the chassis black and various other parts silver. Whilst building up the chassis I found that the two radius rods were too short so made new ones from very small plastic tube. I also opted for the road exhaust of the three available and added alloy tube extensions out back. I also added yellow Dunlop tyre decals to continue a period look.
1_zpsrms0wsxn.jpg

36_zpsfhipxybp.jpg

37_zps8ra0nwru.jpg

38_zpsl7om9pab.jpg

40_zpsavnyeyql.jpg

41_zpsqaazot4q.jpg

Without the engine cover, what there is of it!
48_zpswxxgyyzs.jpg

51_zpsnarxnrtw.jpg

I also added alloy tube to the carb intakes.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice rod,like the green and the flames,nice clean build,Patrick,well done,;)

P

PWick

Thanks, Polux and Monica. Well you have to paint it, as it comes out of the box in bright yellow plastic!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol,-----------:confused::D

P

PWick

Oh and one more little thing about this kit. When your putting the body on the chassis, after the firewall that has the steering column and the gear stick holes in..........When you look through over the edge of the seat there's no floor! There's a gap between the bottom of the front of the seat and the rear edge of the firewall. It's easy to put a very thin piece of plasticard between the two. I'd already stuck the body on and left to set, went to put the final piece on the build, the steering column and steering wheel and noticed the gap between the two, but too late then!

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Nice 'lil hot rod!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice indeed, love the colour, like this.

P

PWick

Thanks Gavin & eddiesolo. This is a nice little kit, very enjoyable to build, pity there's not more like this!

B

Builder

Very nice work Patrick. Like the paint job. Nice work on the interior dials too.