Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
So here again, Eddy has it right, if you want to make molds to cast in resin, you can use an FDM print and then use silicone as a mold, but to do so, you'd need a lot of post-processing on your print before it can be casted. You could also use a DLP printer which can be timesaving as you can directly print in resin (but smaller) at a much higher resolution.
So going out on a limb here and I am guessing that FDM is not Forbundet Dansk Motorister og DLP is not Dansk Landbrug Produktion... :sad:

You are going to have to be a bit more "newbie friendly"

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
FDM (fused deposition modelling) printers that use this build from the bottom up layer by layer by extruding and heating the filament. DLP (digital light processing) uses a projector and a liquid polymer bath. Different methods in 3D printing. I know bits but I think we need Nic to explain better than I could.

Si:smiling3:

I

imabanana

Haha FDM is Fused Deposition Modellingand DLP is Digital Light Processing (it's very similar to SLA which is for Stereolithography) .

I suggest you have a look at this post (especially the videos shown at the second point ) it's very instructive (even though I'm sad cause they didnt mention "myminifactory.com" at point 14. :sad: ).