7 year old King tiger model overhall, Before and after

• Thread starter Ferrets Bueller
  • Start date
F

Ferrets Bueller

One of the first ever models i made and airbrushed when i got into modelling 7 years ago.

In my opinion and honest friends it looked crap the camo was all wrong and the weatherig rubbish so i thought i would see what i could do with a rimse clean and respray. Still got more work to do on it and it currently has a gloss coat over it.

Before

After

S

sprayman

Thats put life back on the girl Paul....shows what you have learned in the last 7 years.

F

Ferrets Bueller

Cheers Ray i thought it a waste to leave it in that state, i have another 2 models to do asa well

L

Lady_Phoenix

I have to admit that right now your original effort is way way better than anything I could achieve. The after pictures show a big improvement and I feel that if I can improve my skills by even half of what you have achieved then Ill be very happy.

Well done, you have inspired me.

P

phalinmegob

i am with the lady on this one,your first attempts are way better than anything i could acheive at this moment,i would be well chuffed to turn that out.mind you i have only been at it for a couple of months lol.

Last edited:
G

gillieman

That looks well Paul, what a transformation from the 1st paint job.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Great job on the ambush camouflage and a very nice overhall too matey.

Have fun, John

L

Lancasterb1

Very Nice - I like the way how you have brought her back to life Paul! I do not know what it is about the ambush camouflage pattern but it really makes the King Tiger ........

F

Ferrets Bueller

Ok a few more update photos, tank has now had an oil wash, chippinng/rust effect and dust and finally a matt varnish. I, didnt have much choice on the unit number on this tiger and its a famous tank which research shows wouldnt have had the dots on it but nevermind, after all its my model. Just got my commander to paint up and add some more stowage

#

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a transformation, Paul.

Very well done, a cracking model.

Ron

K

Krieg-Hammer

Nice work! Excellent! What was your base paints? Arcylics? What paint did you use for the oil wash? Brown/blacks with some white spirit? Kind Regards

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
Nice work! Excellent! What was your base paints? Arcylics? What paint did you use for the oil wash? Brown/blacks with some white spirit? Kind Regards
Hey there i used vallejo model air and model colour on this and mig dark wash