75mm Twin Goddess Miniatures, Thitania

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh, I DO like her tartan socks!

Any reason for the green for the gloves and 'other' bits? Is that another base colour, or are you not going down the chainmail bikini route?
I tend to block in colours as I go. Not always the right colours! I knew she was going to have strong greens, so I blocked in lots with that. Short answer: the gloves aren't going to be green.
The bikini is green chainmail. No metallic (or nmm) finishes yet.
20240412_162630.jpg

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good, Paul. You certainly haven't lost your skill during your absence.
John.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Clothing, and I use that term in the vaguest sense, coming along nicely.

Being very blocky and 'untextured', the hair is going to be an 'interesting' job
But then I've done a few hairstyles myself with a certain lack of detail definition

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Being very blocky and 'untextured', the hair is going to be an 'interesting' job
But then I've done a few hairstyles myself with a certain lack of detail definition
The ridiculousness of this sculpt (nearly naked Amazon in snowy landscape with massive bottom, c'mon!) made a cartoon style finish an option, and the hair works well like that, too.

I used four colours. VMC Cavalry Brown overall, then black wash, then Cav. Brn. with increasing additions of VGC Scrofulous Brown, then added VMC Ice Yellow into the mix for highlights, then a tiny amount of white added in for a top 'glossy sheen'.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Paul. Painting is excellent. It’s a preposterous sculpt as you say, but it makes me laugh because she’s wearing virtually nothing, but kept her socks on……

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Very nice job on the hair, though it's a shame it punches up the printing effect

And I'm not just reciprocating your comments on the hair of one of MY figures from a while back!

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice job on the hair, though it's a shame it punches up the printing effect.
Absolutely. I'm just accepting that this has been a lesson not to buy 3D prints unless they're of the very best quality. I could've given her black hair, I suppose.
And I'm not just reciprocating your comments on the hair of one of MY figures from a while back!
Oo-er! I hope I didn't say anything untoward, Steve?

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I like TMM - NMM (like object source lighting) looks great in photos, while TMM never shines in pictures like it does for real. My favourite ploy with TMM is to minimise the amount of actual metallic paint I leave visible - less is more and all that.
20240416_155619.jpg