A-15 Crusader

First Name
Chris
View attachment 48327View attachment 48328View attachment 48329View attachment 48330View attachment 48331View attachment 48332

Hi all,

This an old Airfix 1/32 scale crusader which was very kindly donated to me by one of my clients.

I had intended it to be part of a dio (hence the base) with a burnt out Panzer IV but having part built the Tamiya 1/35 Panzer and put a coat of paint on it even to my non expert eye the scale difference seemed blatantly obvious.

I then proceeded to loose my mojo on that build so have shelved it for now and am considered the A-15 a finished independent model. This was my first larger scale piece of armour and although it wasn't a great kit and despite my inexperience with aromour weathering I'm fairly happy with it.

All comments etc. welcome

Cheers

Chris

View attachment 51193

View attachment 51194

View attachment 51195

View attachment 51196

View attachment 51197

View attachment 51198

a-14-1.jpg

a-15-2.jpg

a-15-3.jpg

a-15-4.jpg

a-15-5.jpg

a-15-6.jpg

M

mobear

wow and double wow,never seen one of these tanks before,looks really good to me,lovely build and weathering

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yep! looks like a Crusader to me, Nice build.

If I may say one thing, you have forgotten to paint the 'Tyres' on the road wheels. A job I am sure you can manage, if of course everything is not glued down...

Never the less a great result, well done.

Ian M

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Nice build and a super top weathering job and my favorite British armour as well love it

First Name
Chris
Thanks for the comments guys. I may try and paint the rubber on the road wheels Ian but it is all stuck together but not stuck down. After losing my mojo I kind of couldn't be bothered. I must confess it wasn't a nice feeling not wanting to crack on with a build but that should not be an excuse for shoddy workmanship.

Regards

Chris

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Chris what a great looking Crusader ( even without painting the tyres ) even more better because its hard to finnish anything well when the mojo leaves

C

CDW

Even with no black on the tyres it's not shoddy mate.

Great build of a not very often seen model Chris.

First Name
Chris
Thanks guys your feedback is much appreciated as always. I must say I've always thought the crusader to be one of the nicest looking tanks of the period.

Also If anyone has a 1/35 M3 Grant/Lee in the stash that they're be willing to sell/swap I'd be very interested as I'd like to put one in with the currently shelved Panzer wreck dio.

Cheers

Chris

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The 'forum shop' has the italeri Crusader in 1/35, its a nice kit and builds into a fine example, I did one a while ago.

I have the Academy M3 in the stash, but you ain't gettin' it!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

I'm no armor expert but that looks really sharp! cheers Trey

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I wouldn't have noticed the tyres as I'm no armour expert (in fact, I'm no expert at anything come to think of it!). It still looks fabulous to me though.

Gern

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a great looking Crusader Chris.

Nice work.

Tony.

First Name
Chris
Cheers guys, much appreciated.

I don't know about you guys but I find that when I'm looking at my builds in the flesh they don't look half as good as they do in photos?!?a

Maybe it's because I will always see any flaws when in the flesh. (or I'm to critical of my own work)

Regards

Chris