A bit Fresh

B

Bunkerbarge

Just to give you a bit of an idea of what it can be like at sea. I can assure you that this is not "rough" to us old hands but maybe "A bit Fresh".

Note the water coming out of the hawse pipes, blown up there by the pressure of the wave, and the forward fairleads. As she hits a wave like this the bow will suddenly leap up and you will feel like you are in an express lift to the point where you feel the 'G' force and feel heavy. A few seconds later the bow will drop like a stone and you will feel so light that you can take steps three at a time easily.

As for a caption how about:

"Slowing down's for whimps Mr Mate, give her all she's got, we'll let the Chief out tomorrow!"

View attachment 14817

101128.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

I think I would be looking for the nearest Bucket If I was on that ship !! And it would have to be a very LARGE bucket too !!!

:sick:

Regards..........Mark.

R

rjwood_uk

"i said hose down the decks not the whole bloody boat!!"

B

Bunkerbarge

I think I would be looking for the nearest Bucket If I was on that ship !! And it would have to be a very LARGE bucket too !!! :sick:

Regards..........Mark.
Many years on the North Atlantic gave me a great love for this kind of thing that my current routine sadly lacks.

Nowadays we are lucky to get a 10 foot swell and that has them all running for the bins!!

B

Bluewavestudios

That's great Bunker,

I love the way you have presented those, quite funny really.

Regards.......Mark.

R

rjwood_uk

that last one looks scary!!!

iv always heard about "flat spots" in the sea where containers fall off the super container ships and just float there. and if your lucky enough to see it before you hit it it looks like a flat piece of sea.

ever seen one Richard?

A

ajg141

Great pics! Makes you feel you are there. Now if you could just find me one like that taken from a sub I'd change the wallpaper on my computer!