A knocked out and generally bent, 1/35 Panzer IV. A trilogy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This model has been languishing in a box up in the loft doing now't and would have stayed there, so I thought I'd have me some fun and wreck it....

Here's the tank.
P1290388.JPG

After some very satisfying trashing, cutting off bits and opening out hatches, here's the result.
P1290390.JPG

I'll model it in N. Africa, Sicily, Italy, Miami, or the West Indies..... You take your pick, as it might, in all probability, be the wrong Mk., wrong colour and in the wrong location anyway. ;)

I'm just going to destroy it!

Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Here we go with another master class build from Ron. Pulling up a chair and getting the cookies ready

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Welcome to the fun, chaps.

"....master class build" Nah, no such beast, although there might be those who think they can in the model making world.....

Anyway, don't get comfortable boys, it'll be a quick destruction/build kind'a thing.

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Having walked this far you could at least offer some refreshments !

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Interesting & intriguing Ron, looks like an Ausf H mid production, middle of 1943 build. Looks like it's being cut up for scrap!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Most of us put the parts together to make a model but that's not the 'Ron way' - he takes a model and reduces it to parts :tongue-out3:
Jim

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
along for the ride .... as usual i'm pretty sure it will not be dull .... :smiling2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A very nice gathering of like minded folks. Great posts too!

Personally, I wouldn't burn the plastic, as I do with some wooden model structures, because it just bubbles and melts and doesn't look right. So just bent, it will have to stay.

When model making this sort of stuff, I rarely look at images, but prefer to 'Do my own thing'. I've found in the past, trying to copy summat stops the free flow of ideas and I get bogged down.

Here is the start. With a Stanley Knife (Other maiming devices are available) I separated all the hatches and anything that looked like it was just bolted on. I re-positioned the hatches in the open position.

Using just snips and pliers, I've snipped off and bent the plastic around the area where the A.P. round hit. Then I brush painted the Panzer in D.A.K. colours (Approx.!) ;)

P1290493.JPG

P1290494.JPG

P1290495.JPG

This side will remain virtually untouched, as regards damage.
P1290497.JPG

Cheers.
Erwin Rommel

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry, wrong size pictures above. Far too big for my liking!

I needed something to fill the void, which was left after I removed the various forward hinged bits and other stuff.

I used a short length of drinking straw glued in, to look summat like a transmission thingy. I then just filled the space up with bent odds and sods from my spares bag. Plus the odd bit of foam board off cuts.

P1290496.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well that’s gonna need a spot of welding :smiling5:

Always fancied doing a wreck but don’t think I could do it justice....keep it coming mate :thumb2: