A Substitute for Johnsons Kleer/Future/Revive It

First Name
Noel
Holloway House Product.

Acrylic floor finish available from Lakeland. Look for the one in the green carton.
It is about £16.00 per carton.
Have seen a YouTube video comparing it with Future on a model truck.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bought a bottle of Klear a good ten years ago and expect it to outlast me…..it’s a decent hard wearing acrylic gloss varnish, nothing more……
I don’t get dipping canopies with it. it can fog them if you are unlucky. I get much better results by polishing clear plastic with polishing compound, especially on flat glass like model car windshields.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Bought a bottle of Klear a good ten years ago and expect it to outlast me…..it’s a decent hard wearing acrylic gloss varnish, nothing more……
I don’t get dipping canopies with it. it can fog them if you are unlucky. I get much better results by polishing clear plastic with polishing compound, especially on flat glass like model car windshields.
Me too. It does make the floor smell nice though!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I don’t get dipping canopies with it.
Nor me. I find it marks too easily. I keep meaning to try Galeria gloss varnish, or the Simoniz rattle can that someone on here kindly suggested to me for finishing car models.
Pete

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nor me. I find it marks too easily. I keep meaning to try Galeria gloss varnish, or the Simoniz rattle can that someone on here kindly suggested to me for finishing car models.
Pete
Dipping canopies into Future has been a feature I've been doing for many years and has helped rid scratches and stopped fogging and finger print marks. I've only not done that for my Wellington and that has haunted me with an unclear canopy since.
Many have made the mistake of airbrushing on Future which blurs the clear parts.

Cheers,
Richard

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i dont mind dipping plane canopies cos they small but gave up doing it to cars 'glass'.....found it would pool and slightest speck of dust would be visible..................kleer is good at putting a barrier on so CA wont fog 'glass'

i still use it to coat a model before a wash as it helps it flow.....and of course to provide a glossy surface for decals

First Name
Noel
This thread has drifted on to using Johnson's Kleer/Future/Revive It.
Er, it is not being made any more. I know that some of you guys have enough for a lifetime.
But the Holloway House product was a suggestion for those of us that don't and want to source something almost identical to Kleer.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
One of the joys of forums, especially this one, organic discussion.
If it didn't happen I probably wouldn't be here.