Acadamy 1/35 hetzer

First Name
barry
Looks brill scott.very realistic. camo ,weathering and rust are great.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is one of the best armour builds I have seen in a long time, top work Scott, the camo, weathering, grime, exhaust rust is exceptional and makes for a very outstanding piece of work.

Si:smiling3:

N

noble

Thank you both very much for the excellent comments. I am glad you like it.

scott

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice

was the ambush camo painting a pain to do?

N

noble

thank you all for the great comments, Beowulf no it wasn't at all, I painted the base colour dark yellow, then using humbrol maskol and an old flat brush painted the maskol into the camouflage pattern, I let this dry then oversprayed with olive green. Once this is dry use the maskol in the same way to finish the camouflage, then when dry overspray again with red brown. Once the whole lot is completely dry peel off the maskol, then to get nice sharp edges, run over the whole kit with an old soft tooth brush which removes all excess maskol. This is a technique I use a lot now as I tend to find I get the controlled result that I want.

scott

N

noble

The academy and Tamiya versions are great value and build into fantastic kits. This one is the academy special edition as I have stated with this one there is no instructions for building the gun, so I had to refer to the original academy instruction s online.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful. I like the idea of using Maskol but I doubt I could do it and clean it off without also cleaning off all the bits - aerials, tie downs, tools etc.!:confused:

N

noble

That's easy mate just attach all those little fiddly bits afterward, cheers for the great comment much appreciated.

scott

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well done Scott, another cracking build

Lee :smiling3:

D

dubster72

That's very nice Scott! The tracks & the exhaust muffler are particularly good, as is the painting & weathering. I do like a Hetzer & this is a great example.

I tried Maskol for hard-edged camo before & found it a nightmare! You can use toothpaste to mask, it's applied just as you would the Maskol, except you just wash it off when the painting is done.

Cheers

Patrick

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what can i say your done it again a great build lov the camo and the weathering ;)

N

noble

Monica, Patrick, Lee thank you very much for the great comments. Patrick thanks for that tip may use that.

scott

C

chris2681

I like this one a lot. I have been wanting to build a hetzer for some time now but for some reason haven't. Nice job on the camo and the rusted exhaust in the back is awesome looking.

N

noble

Again thank you very much Chris I very much appreciate the great comment, and I have to say the Hetzer is a bit of a favourite with me too.

scott

First Name
john
Another great model from yourself loving the paintwork and the rust effects

N

noble

Cheers John iam glad you like it, as I've said nice easy techniques for both paint and rust.

scott