Academy 1/288 Space Shuttle & Booster Rockets

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi all,

Calling this one finished. For such a simple kit consisting of 14 pieces (including the base) and 10 decals to use at a very reasonable price this little "wingy" thing took along time to complete (37 hours).
The reason for the length of time taken was down to painting, especially the seals on the booster rockets which were incredibly small - to be honest mine look like a dogs dinner but I lost the will to live in the end. Despite all this I think it provides a decent representation of the real thing and I used the colours for the propellant tank from internet pictures and not the instructions suggested white. Enjoyed it so much I have just bought the Shuttle and 747 Transport from the shop and will give these a go in the fairly near future.
I also tried to simulate a concrete base which worked out OK I think.
Anyway enjoy the images and, as usual, comments and criticisms welcome.

Regards Stefan

Shuttle 1.jpgShuttle 6.jpgShuutle 3.jpgShuttle 4.jpgShuttle 2.jpgShuttle 5.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Stefen brlliant build there a pity not in a bigger scale but i love all things like the space shuttle an whatched several lift off in real time with my neibour at 3 am an was very dissapointed when they turned her into a museum pecire an it was stupid of them sayin that the craft was too danerous as the bloomin rockects they are now usein still blow up so the shuttle in my eyes was no more danderous than the rockets they are usein now
chrisb

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Agree wholeheartedly with you Chris but when I was at Cape Kennedy we had a lunch with an astronaut who had travelled on the shuttle and he said they were riding a lit bomb manufactured by the cheapest bidder!
We also went on the simulated launch of a shuttle "ride" - one word FANTASTIC.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A nice clean build Stefan. You did a magnificent job on the concrete base