Academy 1/32 Sopwith Camel F.1

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Firstly a big thank you to Ian for sorting this one. I’ve now attached the pics of my proposed victim but it will be a slow start. As I type this I’m waiting for a call from the hospital to go collect my wife who has had surgery today. I am hoping to get it started though even during my nursemaid/housekeeper duties. Good luck to everyone else taking part.
IMG_3188.jpegIMG_3189.jpeg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Firstly a big thank you to Ian for sorting this one. I’ve now attached the pics of my proposed victim but it will be a slow start. As I type this I’m waiting for a call from the hospital to go collect my wife who has had surgery today. I am hoping to get it started though even during my nursemaid/housekeeper duties. Good luck to everyone else taking part.
View attachment 498949View attachment 498950
Hi Mick,
Looks very interesting with all of those goodies too :smiling3:
I hope Mrs C makes a swift recovery,in the meantime.......
..... Get your pinny on mate! ;)

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Bactrian or dromedary times two?
I mean this is the second Academy Camel here, so it'll be interesting to compare

Oh, and compliments to the Lady of the house

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hope your wife gets over the op ok.

Andrew

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Mick
Wishing your wife a speedy recovery from her surgery.
And looking forward to your progress on the Camel. The after market items will certainly improve the detail on the base Academy kit and with your skills this is sure to be a cracking finished model.
Cheers
Paul

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hope herself improves rapidly Mick. The Camel can wait it’s turn.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Right down to business. Firstly update on swmbo home after 12 hours in the hospital and finding it very difficult to move but that should improve over the next few days and hoping her meds will keep her pain level tolerable.
Now to this kit, interesting start as the cockpit floor has deep sink holes in it, the fuselage as already seen on Ian’s is also full of em.
IMG_3190.jpeg

I’ve bought some AM stuff for the cockpit, the seat will look great but the instrument panel dials will be a bit of winging it as the panel supplied in the kit looks nothing like the real thing
Once I’ve fettled that the next section will take some thinking about. The rigging is secured from inside the fuselage prior to buttoning it up, which means it will be a right pain when I have to throw paint at it.
IMG_3191.jpeg

The joys of modelling

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Off to a good start but that rigging looks like it'll be a headache further down the line.

Best wishes to your good lady for a speedy recovery.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hope it was not to serious with the good lady and that she is recovering well.

Looks a straight forward build Mick. I will drop in in a day or two to see the finished bird. lol

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
All the best to Mrs Mick for a speedy recovery. Don't forget to hoover into the corners and don't let the washing build up :smiling3:
That rigging is a bit of a head scratcher. Hope you get the instrument panel sorted.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hope SWMBO is better soon, re the rigging, could you not follow the instructions :angry::angry:, and just add it into the holes with some superglue later on ?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mick,
Chair pulled up mate, and sending best wishes to the Mrs for a speedy recovery.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Best wishes to mrs C , hope she has a speedy recovery . The ejector pin marks on this are a bugger arent they , not just the fact theres loads of them but in difficult to fill places too . I agree with steve , ignore the daft instructions and just superglue into the holes after painting is done , cheers tony