Academy 1/35 Stuart tank

N

noble

Cheers Chris much appreciated, it really isn't too difficult once you get the correct colour of blue.

scott

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Awesome!! Fantasic weathering and chipping!! :D

Photographed in daylight I take it?o_O

Very crisp photo's, nice!! :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow I don't think I can add much more

I was wondering about the paint scheme on desert armour with the mix of tan and light blue and I think I worked it out , is this to hide it on a horizon and alter the shape so it makes it hard to identify?

L

Laurie

Very nice Scott. I like that crinkle finish of the gun barrel juncture at the turrett.

Laure

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I was wondering about the paint scheme on desert armour with the mix of tan and light blue and I think I worked it out , is this to hide it on a horizon and alter the shape so it makes it hard to identify?
The blue was in fact not blue, if that makes sense...

The actual colours used where Slate, Silver Grey and Light Stone. The Silver grey was very prone to fading/bleaching under the hot desert sun and it took on a pale blue tone. So a newer tank would be more grey, ones that have been there a while, would end up the pale blue grey..

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The blue was in fact not blue, if that makes sense...The actual colours used where Slate, Silver Grey and Light Stone. The Silver grey was very prone to fading/bleaching under the hot desert sun and it took on a pale blue tone. So a newer tank would be more grey, ones that have been there a while, would end up the pale blue grey..

Ian M
Ah so that's it cheers mate :smiling3:

N

noble

Ian, Laurie, Steve and Alan, thanks for taking a look and iam glad you like it.

scott

J

John Rixon

Wow! Seriously brilliant weathering! Totally looks like old painted steel with a real story to tell inspiring.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I am a hunt and peck typist old school you know so this will be my longest message to anyone A1 job!