Accurate Paint Chart!

J

John Rixon

Well, spurred on by a link, kindly sent by Laurie, I have finally got myself a colour chart fit for purpose! This baby is hand painted, using the actual paint in question, and also has a very useful comparison chart to boot. As we all know, monitors really can't cut it when it comes to finding the colour we want, and even printed paint charts are dodgy, as the material used to print them is a million miles away from the actual paint depicted so as to be also limited in their accuracy. It cost €18.90 - approx £14, which I know, is quite a lot, but for me it'll pay for itself in mis-ordered paint in no time!! I have just held it up against online paint charts from 4 different suppliers, and just laughed - the colours on ALL sites bore very little resemblance to the reality.

Just thought I'd flag this up for anyone interested!

View attachment 121423

canvas.png

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good idea. In these changing days with fewer local model shops it is difficult to get the right paint sometimes, I am fortunate that there is a model shop less than a mile from my house that stocks a great range of paints and weathering products so I can drop by anytime it's open and get the right product.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Good idea. In these changing days with fewer local model shops it is difficult to get the right paint sometimes, I am fortunate that there is a model shop less than a mile from my house that stocks a great range of paints and weathering products so I can drop by anytime it's open and get the right product.
You're very lucky. We used to have a really good one here, but now another bloody hairdresser! Certain things are best bought in the flesh - whenever I'm buying good brushes, I inspect every one in the rack, and always fine one that has a better point than the others!