AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk5/2 with 105mm gun

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Very nice Mick. I always remember the block paving at Bovington smaller than the vehicles!!!!!

I notice yours has the black and white stripes on the rear. Seems common on Brit MBT's. Anyone shed any light?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed Mick - I wonder if the stripes serve the same purpose as the shield with a cross on modern German MBTs? (Whatever that is!)
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Steve is right, they do serve the same purpose: night-driving under black-out conditions. Their purpose is so that the following vehicle can see where the one in front is, and hopefully keep sufficient distance that it won’t bump into it but also not go so far back that it falls behind.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Steve is right, they do serve the same purpose: night-driving under black-out conditions. Their purpose is so that the following vehicle can see where the one in front is, and hopefully keep sufficient distance that it won’t bump into it but also not go so far back that it falls behind.
That reminds me of the guy in our troop who road up the AML-90 in fronts bum in a another AML-90 in a night time exercise and bent the 90mm barrel, he was in big sh*t.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Very nice Mick. I always remember the block paving at Bovington smaller than the vehicles!!!!!

I notice yours has the black and white stripes on the rear. Seems common on Brit MBT's. Anyone shed any light?
Great result Mick, very neat.
Very nice indeed Mick - I wonder if the stripes serve the same purpose as the shield with a cross on modern German MBTs? (Whatever that is!)
Steve
Very nice Mick. Well done
Lovely job Mick,a cracking paint finish and not overly weathered... excellent stuff mate :cool: :thumb2:
Great job Mick. Looks amazing.
Top drawer job, well done.
Very nice result Mick.
Nicely done Mick.
Mick, that is a beautiful finish mate nicely done.
Thanks very much gents for your kind comments.