Airborne's Brace of FAMOs

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've had these two for some time; they need a couple of tweaks to finish them off but this Forum has motivated me to complete them and install them in a pair of long dioramas; the first would include a successful recovery - the crew are stowing their gear, the hapless driver has 'Der Spiess' relating his future career prospects and awarding him the dubious benefit of providing a case of beer for the wreckers (I presume traditions don't change across time)! Mud in abundance on the rescued vehicle!

The second scenario is a vehicle loaded - the 'hurry up and wait' moment is upon it (either they're about to finish loading , or off-load or contradictory orders have arrived. I thought a backdrop of perhaps Dutch or French farm buildings and a cobbled/paved roadway with Military Police doing their normal 'thing' and getting in the way!
I would appreciate any input/suggestions (polite!), thanks!IMG_1156.jpgIMG_1155.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1159.jpgIMG_1163.jpgIMG_1162.jpgIMG_1161.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice looking kit. Dios will set them off nicely.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
I do love a Famo and I really love what you've done with those two Steve.

You've already achieved most of what I was planning for mine. Probably won't bother now.

:upside:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful pair. Or, you put the FAMO mit spade in front connected w/tow bar to the second FAMO mit anh & put the works on a grade:smiling2:. PaulE

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
You have two really nice halftracks there. Love the thoughtful details.
Jim

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful pair. Or, you put the FAMO mit spade in front connected w/tow bar to the second FAMO mit anh & put the works on a grade:smiling2:. PaulE
I did consider a shared tow Paul but the LOA (the loaded FAMO is >25"!) would be too extensive - similarly I discounted a loading scenario for the same reason. Were I to own the loft space as well (Hint to SWMBO!) as well as my cave I would seriously consider a whole scenario including rail sidings etc, rest, fuel, and other second-line areas - a major undertaking though!

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I do love a Famo and I really love what you've done with those two Steve.

You've already achieved most of what I was planning for mine. Probably won't bother now.

:upside:
No, we've just got different approaches Dan! You must finish yours - mine were on the shelf, (still unfinished) for ages - it's this forum, and the inspiration I've drawn from it, that has made me decide to continue!
Steve

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
Two cracking builds mate with lots of details to keep the eyes busy.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Love your use of figures and CITB- clearly your service experience informs it all-wonderful stuff!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Excuse me for being a fick grunt - CITB? (by the way, 'er indoors is cracking her ribs over this!) PM me if it's so glaringly obvious as to be embarassing!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's what I tentatively thought -'er indoors has just fallen off the settee - Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I now owe her several balls of yarn as she opened the folded piece of paper that revealed her interpretation! I hate smart-arse Headteacher women (well, not that much ...)!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I guess I should apologise for your discomfiture, but then I would never have bothered MY English teacher SWMBO with such trivia...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s what happens when you overthink things Steve.....and if it’s only balls of wool you got off lightly.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I guess I should apologise for your discomfiture, but then I would never have bothered MY English teacher SWMBO with such trivia...
Neil - no apologies necessary - I sense a kindred spirit with our SWMBOs - mine just looked at me with a cynical 'Oh behave - how difficult can that be ...? look as I muttered verbal permutations - does yours just look up and give you a millimetre perfect answer when you're calculating scaled dimensions? All I know is, personally- I'm fick as too shawt plancs in comparison!:confused::confused:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Neil - no apologies necessary - I sense a kindred spirit with our SWMBOs - mine just looked at me with a cynical 'Oh behave - how difficult can that be ...? look as I muttered verbal permutations - does yours just look up and give you a millimetre perfect answer when you're calculating scaled dimensions? All I know is, personally- I'm fick as too shawt plancs in comparison!:confused::confused:
I just watch her eyes glaze over as soon as I mention anything about my hobby so I very rarely discuss it at all

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I just watch her eyes glaze over as soon as I mention anything about my hobby so I very rarely discuss it at all
I ought to add that I am still madly in love with her after 37 years of marriage:cool:
She is always very supportive of my skills but she just doesn't connect with the subject matter.
Sorry for the thread hijack, Steve