Airbornes's completed 'Shelf of Doom' 8-wheel Sdkfz 234s

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Christmas and associated celebrations have gone; (Hurrah!) so I decided the new year was a perfect time to finish a couple of the 234s that have sat on the shelf for a year or three! Time at school, In-laws visits and other shenanigans have stretched the time frame but, apart from minor tweaks and inclusion in future dioramas, they're 99% finished, The bases are just a couple of items used for display purposes, I have great plans for these beasties! Hope you like them, C&Cs welcome!
Steve
IMG_0179.JPGIMG_0176.JPGIMG_0175.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0173.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 6

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Now they are rather nice! Very well done indeed!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well it has to be
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations Steve, top notch weathering and paint work .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Those are really good Steve. Definitely worth completing. The finish is excellent.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely job. Really like the 8 rad armoured cars as a species.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Steve, those are the BomB!! Glad you got 'em finished, and in style I might add. I love the faded looking camo.....gives them a very tired and well used appearance. Tip 'O the Hat for your successful efforts Sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Steve i aggree with the guys they look real very well done on them but one thing i cant understand why they had open tops as one hand greanade in there an its U/S
Chrisb

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Excellent stuff that man....a cracking result of two very intimidating AFVs. :smiling3:
Just love the look of these 8 wheeled monsters. you've made a superb job of making them look "battle hardened", well done indeed mate.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
YES Steve i aggree with the guys they look real very well done on them but one thing i cant understand why they had open tops as one hand greanade in there an its U/S
Chrisb
Good point Chris, some of the smaller 4-wheel armoured cars were equipped with grenade screens but I can only surmise the rationale would be that they wouldn't be engaged in street fighting, and enemy infantry wouldn't be allowed to get get close enough to post an invitation to a funeral! The later iteration of the heavy armoured car based on this chassis, called 'Puma', did have a full turret - there's one on my 'Shelf of Doom' so I may well get round to finishing it soon!
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I too agree with the guys. That's a cracking finish Steve for both vehicles. Nice faded used look on the camo. Looking forward to the Puma.

Cheers,
Wabble

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work. You've achieved a nice well used look.